Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Default Re: Publish to web is timing out

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
    I was wondering if there was a way in Xara WD to make the page fit to the screen. If not, is there a way to stretch all the pages without having to go page by page and stretch everything?
    Xara pages are fixed width WYSIWYG. Pages which stretch to fit a screen or browser window size (fluid) cannot by definition be WYSIWYG.

If you check out the big boy's sites, fixed width and centred pages are the modern web way

To create a new thread, visit the appropriate forum and press the 'New Thread' button at the top of the current thread list..

Well done Bonnie

GLad to see you have got it all working now and sorted that web host man out lol

So far as the width I have virtually full width in firefox see attachment below.

Hope that helps

Chris

EDIT:

Also just noticed on you about us page when you enter the graphic header where you have the3 or 4 images cant remember now, as soon as you are in the header with your mouse all the mouce overs activate in the nav bar, and on your contact us page you need to set a link for the new patient forms button at the moment it goes to the xara site

EDIT EDIT lol:

I will get it all done in 1 post one day Sledger reminded you below about tour titles etc as he said right click the web properties I have now attached a piccie so you can see the relevant boxes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullscreen.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	70204   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	properties.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	70206  

Last edited by ChrisBro; 01 March 2010 at 07:52 AM.

Just a reminder Bonnie to use a proper page title name and add some keywords and description.

This can all be done via the Web Properties>>Website [tab]

Thanks guys!

I'm aware the some of the links are a little funky so I'm working on fixing those. And I did figure out how to change the titles, so I'm working on that as well. Also, I have to figure out what to do with the new patient forms...there's not a way to link a PDF file is there? So that when they click that button it opens a pdf?

I really appreciate all your help!

Hi Bonnie

Just upload the pdf to your website, you can upload it to the same place your web files are then you just need to link to it so goto the relevant page in Xara click on the button the right click and select web properties, select the "link" tab then in the link to address box type the location of your pdf fil so if you upload it to the same place as your web file this will bee the root so the link would look like:

http://www.yourdomain.com/paitentform.pdf

Once you have done this click apply then OK, re-export and re-upload then when the button is clicked it will bring up the pdf document.

See attachment below

Hope that helps

Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	linkprop.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	70211  

Thanks so much! Ya'll are the greatest!