Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: Publish to web is timing out

Yes that is correct.

It may be handy for you as well if you dont name your pages index 17 index 3 and so on from an editing point of view it would be better if you named the relatively so if its the weight loss page name it weightloss then xara will add on the end when you export htm so a direct link to the weight loss page would then be www.mydomain.com/weightloss.htm much cleaner and organised.

As a side not to Bill would a server have a sulk with so many pages named index?

Just a thought

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie View Post
    Yes that is correct.
    OK so the index page is now displaying what you want it to display then so we have progress

I dont want to advice you wrongly so it may be better now to wait and see what Bill has to say your getting there all be it slowly dont get too down hearted just yet Im sure you will get there

Chris

At the risk of sounding like an idiot...how do I name them differently? When it wants me to export, it just says to enter a name and it names all of them for me. I don't know how to change the names of individual pages.

Now it seems to not be working again! GRRRR

Hi Bonnie,

This is what I get.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AccessError.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	70141  
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Bonnie

What is your main page called? usually it should always be index.htm (or html dont worry about that though) so if you type www.yourdomain.com/index.htm you should get your main page as I attached above however you dont you get a 404 error instead but if you just type the domain name the page comes up.

Quite strange behaviour tbh who is your host?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Hi Bonnie,

This is what I get.....
    Same here its gone completely now?

Spiderhost is my host. I think I messed something up with filezilla...deleted something i shouldn't have? I don't know!!! I thought maybe if I got rid of the old website I could just put up the new one. I want to start over all together with the new website.

Hi Bonnie

My instict would be to tell you to put a support ticket into your host and tell them you have tried xara built in ftp and also the 2 standalones this has to be a problem their end I am 99% sure of it from what you have told us, without having any access its difficult to diagnose properly the most logical thing I can think of would be the friewall on the server isnt configured correclty for ftp access.

Are you on a dedicated server or a shared one?

I'd get in touch with them and tell them you want it resolving there is no reason why 3 programmes should have such difficulty uploading to your server, I can only go off what you have told us.

To be thorough attach your .web file and I will upload it to a test folder on my sever so we can definately rule out any xara issue, but xara would not stop "another" ftp proframme from uploading and I cant see it being your local machine it is more likely an oversold shared server.

chris