Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Choose photos for download

All:

AOL has, or had at one time, a nice feature for allowing a user to download photos from their photo website by clicking on a checkbox just above the displayed photo then clicking on a submit button. The photo is then downloaded to the user's computer. The important thing is that it is done as a batch move rather than individually.

Does anyone know how to do this in XWD? Can it be done?

Thanks,

Ron
    Last edited by RonM; 12 March 2010 at 12:28 AM.

Default Re: Choose photos for download

Hi Ron,

This would require a special bit of (probably PHP) scripting with form check boxes and a submit button linking to a db of some kind.
    XWD isn't capable of anything like this internally.

The only way I can think of achieving this without installing or writhing your own php script would be to add each image into its own zip file then upload these files to a seperate folder on your webserver, the unde the image on your site you could put a download button right click the button and select web propertiees then link and link to address, in here you would put the location on your web server for the relevant zip file ie:

http://www.yourdomain.com/picfolder/image1.zip

Then when somebody clicked on the download button it would initiate the downloading of the zip file containing the relevant image.

Quite simple to set up, though not as clean as using a php script designed for this kind of thing.

Hope that helps

Chris

PS

It may also be worth noting that this is not a feture that has been missed out of XXP5, in fact you could not easily achieve this in any web design software without having coding knowledge, Xara Xtreme is a web design software never has beeen a coding platform

ChrisBro and Sledger:

Thanks for your response. I was afraid there wasn't an easy answer. Sounds like it's beyound the scope of my knowledge.

Ron Mc