Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default need paragraph styles

In preparing a newsletter with Xara 5 I realized that there is no way in subsequent paragraphs or headings to apply standard styles that I've set up for previous wording. Therefore, I had to individually style each heading and each paragraph. What a time waster! Please add paragraph styles to the next change in Xara and make it real soon too.

In thinking about that newsletter, I can't believe I actually used Xara to prepare it but I could not get my version of Adobe Indesign 3 to operate properly so I used Xara which also exports pdfs. That part was great.

Thanks.

Default Re: need paragraph styles

Quote Originally Posted by censtudios View Post
    ... but I could not get my version of Adobe Indesign 3 to operate properly so I used Xara which also exports pdfs. That part was great.
    Mmm... As with any software you use, a certain level of knowledge is required,

Nice to see that you got it done in Xara in to time at all, while Adobe Indesign was choking you to death.

Nicely done.

Risto

Hi censtudios and welcome to the Forum

Although defined paragraph styles would be preferable, Xtreme does allow you to copy text formatting from one paragraph to another. Look in the Help file for the topic, "Copying text styles".

You can approximate a style inventory by setting up sample paragraphs on another page or in another document, and copying the formats as needed.

Allison

Censtudios, covoxer's comment here may ease your mind.
    Anton