Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Make color a shade of, tweek

When I create a color that is a shade of another color, I have to scroll through a long list of colors to find the one that I am looking for. The color that I am linking to is invarriably at the bottom of the list. Could one of these two things be changed?

A - New colors go to the top of the list of colors; or
    B - When showing the list of available colors to link to, the list starts at the bottom where the last color has been added.

This issue is compounded for me as I'm one of those people who keep a pallet of pre named colors on my defalt template. I have a few hundred of these colors, so my list is very long.

I know that this isn't a big issue, but as long as we are asking for things, this tweek would improve my work flow.

Thanks,
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Default Re: Make color a shade of, tweek

Would it work for you if you could jump to the first letter of the name? I would prefer that to having the color names jump around or having to start at the bottom of the list every time.

Meanwhile, you might find it helpful to rearrange your list in the Color Gallery as needed. For example, if you were making shades of Salmon, you could drag Salmon to the top of the swatches in the Gallery while you were working.

That way, it will be at the top of the Parent dropdown in the Color Editor. Then, you could drag it back into position when you start working with another color.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Make color a shade of, tweek

Typing the name and having it jump would work for me.

Dragging around colors in my pallet is even worse of a work flow hinderance than the way it is now.

What I am essentially doing is copying colors that are already in my pallet and giving them a common name for website templates (i.e. Theme Color 1, Theme Color 2, etc.) This way if an end user brings in a different template, he will have the option to match colors.

So say I have a color named Q and several shades of Q. When I copy Q and name it Theme Color 1, everything is fine, but when I want to copy a shade of Q and name it Theme Color 2 and make it a shade of Theme Color 1, I have to scroll from where Q is in my pallet to the bottom of the list. I know that it is a small request but it will help me.

Of course if any of you have a quick method of achieving this, I would love to hear about it.

thanks,
    Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.