Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Gift Purchase of Xara Products

I've submitted this question to Xara Support but to date have gotten no response.

I'd like to buy a copy of a Xara product as a gift.

Isn't the software automatically registered to my account as buyer? If so, how does it get transferred to the recipient?

If anyone has done this, please advise. I'm probably missing something obvious, but I just want to be sure before I proceed. I could not find anything on the Xara website, but may have missed it. Since some products are download only, the recipient should be able to retrieve the registration key from their own account, once established.

Thanks,

Steven...

Default Re: Gift Purchase of Xara Products

Hi Steven,

When I purchased Xara for a gift, the forum admin was AntonyF who was a Xara employee.

I contacted him before the purchase and he handled the shipping of the CD and putting the license into the recipient's account. The recipient already had a pre-existing account with Xara so that was not an issue.

Since you have contacted Xara Support, I'm not sure how you would proceed.

I would assume at this date Xara is already on holiday.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Steven,

We don't really have a forum for these kind of software purchase questions ( see here ) so I have moved you're thread to the Announcements & Feedback forum to help catch a Xara staff members eye.

I am no authority on Xara software sales procedures and only Xara can guide you correctly, but it would seem to me that you simply buy the software with your own payment details but use the gift recipients name and email address for the licensed end user (customer) details.

If instead you go the whole route using your details, then the software will be licensed under your name which means you would need to transfer the license as per the EULA.

My personal feeling is that you would be unlikely to get a response from Xara support this side of Xmas.

Well, I got an answer, but it's rather unsatisfactory. Below is the dialog.

I find it difficult to believe that I'm the first person to request this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SWW: Regardless, that doesn't answer the question I asked which is how do I buy a Xara product, any product, as a gift for someone else and have it registered in their name, not my account.

XaraSupport: The only way that you would be able to do this is to buy the product using the email address of the person that you are buying it for. Many Thanks

SWW: Ok. But as a point of feedback, there ought to be a means to make a purchase as a gift that doesn't require masquerading as the recipient. Please pass this along to the appropriate people.

It appears I guessed correctly It is really the obvious and logical way to go - I see no problem with that when purchasing direct from Xara for a gift.

Alternatively you can buy retail via one of their authorised resellers. Have you tried contacting any of them?
    Here's one (of 4) in your country selling Xara Products

Well, it isn't logical to me that I would use my credit card and create an account for someone else's email address.

I don't believe the site you referenced has the discount offered on the Xara website either ("new copies only"), but I may be wrong.

Perhaps you can try this reseller for North-America: http://pardooz.com/contactus.html
    Albert is a member of these forums and he is always very helpful. Why don't you contact him with the request that you want to send someone a Xara product as a gift. I'm pretty sure he'll be able to figure something out. Good luck!

I bought xxp5 with my partners credit card, and naturally the software was registered in his name. I called Mora (hope I have her name right) and she helped me transfer the serial number to my name.... Hope that is some help to you.
    Patman = Patrick Mangner

Alzimers. What's that, I forgot. Growing old is not for Wimps
    My first created site harryshilltop.com

Always best to contact Xara Support for these kind of issues.