Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ice Castle

That is soooo cool man though i dont really like the head one freaked me out and the colors dont mesh well but the 2nd one posted is sooooooo cool make me a background of it NOW! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I do not have a signature do to personal beliefs

Thanks dude [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Ya the head one is a bit sucky [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

A desktop pic eh...hmmm I will see what I can do.The original is only 800 x 800 at 72ppi so 800 x 600 is about the best I can do man [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Very Kewl! It has an almost "don't touch me or I'll break" look to it. As much as I like the last one I think the blur might need to be toned down a little. With the glass material and transparency going on the blure makes it even more dificult to see the form of the structure. About the "Ice" look. I am new to C4D so I don't know much about it but can you make a materal with a little frosted diffuse/transparency and combine it with the other material? Or perhaps tweak the existing material and drive the diffuse and bump with an alpha? Again forgive me for my naievity with C4D. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You are welcome to view more of my ZBrush work at my Renderosity Gallery
    You are welcome to view more of my ZBrush work at my Renderosity Gallery

how long did that take you
    btw thats awsome
    Jason

Thanks guys [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mental 7 - SLA shaders have no rival {my opinion},they are just incredible for making any material you want/need.As for your question I believe you could do that by mixing shaders using FUSION which allows you to mix one shader with another and use yet another for a mask,and you can also set fusion within fusion to link even more together.

The ice look is the volume shader Banji with quite a bit of tweaking. {ya I know stoopid names they are [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] }

Jason - I made the castle quite a while ago and it has many many pieces,if I was to make it today it would be more one piece etc.I think it took a couple of days to make maybe more.At that stage I think I had been using C4D Art for about 4 - 5 months I believe.I totally devoured all the info in the tutes manual and what I could find on the web,then I just kept on repeating tutes over and over until they stuck in my head.T

he castle also has some color adjustment etc in PS [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Stu.

Just tried 800 x 600 and it sucked [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] ,so it will have to be 800 x 800 sorry.

Stu.