Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Valentine's Day Cards & Art - Care to share your Xara creations for 2010...

Another St. Valentine's Day is almost upon us! I know a few of you are (or should be) working on an announcement, a card, or something-or-other for your special someone(s). I thought I'd start this thread in the hope that everyone at TG who cares to share their Valentine's Day 2010 artwork, created with a Xara software product, with the rest of us, could do so in one place. Who needs Hallmark when you can design your own, right?

That said, here's a small print/poster (11" x 14") I'm going to frame and give to my wife this Feb. 14th. I even managed to get our nervous Dalmatian to sit (relatively) still enough to snap a few reference photos. For that extra-special touch, and to fit in with the Valentine's Day theme, I took the liberty of changing and adding a few appropriately shaped spots. Now if I could just find my ultra-fine point permanent marker so I can add a personal, handwritten message I'd be finished.

Love (or maybe it's snow) is in the air,
    Harry

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Dalmation Valentine - ©2010 HayTay.gif 
Views:	223 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	69692  

Default Re: Valentine's Day Cards & Art - Care to share your Xara creations for 2010...

Wonderful Valentine's Day poster. I like the style you chose. Great idea, I'll have to try my hand at a card.
    Things you should never say when pulled over by the police:
    Could you hold my beer while I dig out my license?

Default Re: Valentine's Day Cards & Art - Care to share your Xara creations for 2010...

Thanks, Nancy. I had fun making it. I'm fairly sure that it'll be a bit hit with my better half this Sunday.

For anyone else thinking of making something for their sweetheart this Valentine's Day, the clock is ticking.

Tick... Tick... Tick...

My Daughter is in college in upstate New York, this is what I sent her last year.

Name:	valentine.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	32.9 KB 
ID:	69727  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Okay I finally managed to get this done without him peeking over my shoulder!

Name:	valentine.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	142.9 KB 
ID:	69728  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

This is my first piece using Xara, it was interesting trying to figure out the details of the program. I was hoping to get this done before my wife could figure out what I was making. Wow all those above look great. I kind of cheated with EyeCandy.

Name:	My Valentine.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	69731  

Great looking work Harry, Tim, Frances, ontos.

Great work here evry one, here is my attempt for Valentine´s Day. hope you like it. Regards BP

Name:	Valentin.jpg 
Views:	208 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	69740  
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Love is definitely in the air...

Thanks for the great Valentine's Day submissions from everyone so far. I'm working on another one, myself.

Tim > A baker's dozen of roses in a vase large enough to hold them all was, no doubt, a sure hit with your daughter. This year, if she is still in NY, instead of roses you may want to send her a heater, some food, and a snow blower.

Frances > Those are some very nice strawberries. With any luck, that may lead to to some naughty thoughts on Valentine's Day. I still fondly recall a Fourth of July with my wife-to-be and some strawberries nearly 22 years ago. I know, I know, TMI. BTW, you've gotten quite a bit of mileage out of that XaraXone tutorial of Gary Priester's along with Egg's waterglass tutorial.

Ontos > Well done! I look forward to seeing more of your Xara Xtreme created works. Just one thing though, you've misspelled the word 'Valentine'. Your version has too many a's in it.

Gray > Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes simple projects are simply fun!

BP > Hearts! Chocolate! It's hard to go wrong with that combination on Valentine's Day. Excellent!
    Last edited by HayTay; 11 February 2010 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Added comment

Thanks Hay Tay, I caught that, but didn't get around to posting the correction. I'm glad someone is checking these Updated attached.

Name:	My Valentine.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	69751