Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

on the far right of my top tool bar that has the icons for 'new file, open,save,print,cut, paste, etc... i used to have a display of the fill and the outline, I could just double click on one or the other and change the color, line weight, etc... I really don't know why they are gone now, I did get another file that I could not open/import and that dreaded 'corel performed an .... close and restart...' msg and when that happens I've noticed that in the ctrl/alt/del window that shows what is currently running that CorelDraw9..... is no longer running but a Coreldrw is running and it does NOT show up when all is well.

Anyway I really would like those two icons back and have searched the 'customize' areas and found nothing that comes close to that. I've tried the fill and outline thingies but they are not the same they don't go directly to the window as if I had hit the bucket on the left (fill tool) or the pen point (outline tool)

Thanks
    Marie
    IP

on the far right of my top tool bar that has the icons for 'new file, open,save,print,cut, paste, etc... i used to have a display of the fill and the outline, I could just double click on one or the other and change the color, line weight, etc... I really don't know why they are gone now, I did get another file that I could not open/import and that dreaded 'corel performed an .... close and restart...' msg and when that happens I've noticed that in the ctrl/alt/del window that shows what is currently running that CorelDraw9..... is no longer running but a Coreldrw is running and it does NOT show up when all is well.

Anyway I really would like those two icons back and have searched the 'customize' areas and found nothing that comes close to that. I've tried the fill and outline thingies but they are not the same they don't go directly to the window as if I had hit the bucket on the left (fill tool) or the pen point (outline tool)

Thanks
    Marie
    IP

Marie

I think you might not be displaying the context sensitive 'property' toolbar.

With a line selected the property tool bar changes to show the type of icons you describe that are missing.

Right click somewhere in a toolbar that is showing and see if the item 'Property' is checked.

Also most Draw layouts have the new file / open / save / print etc left aligned at the top, though obviously this is fully customizable.

The buttons you are missing are in the customize / toolbars tree unders Fill and Outlines / Outline The buttons I think you are referring to are called.

Outline Style Selector and Outline Width.

Note the style selector looks like a wide grey box with an arrow on it, until it is placed in a toolbar and is activated.

It is possible that your workspace file has become corrupted, as a last resort you can press the F8 funtion key whilst clicking on the draw icon to start it up, you should be prompted with a dialogue box to reset the workspace to defaults.

Unfortunately you will then have to reconfigure the interface. Once done you can back up the interface in case workspace corruption happens again.

In the main draw folder under workspace\Draw

You will find a single file a folder of the same name of the work space you are currently using.

Copy this file and folder somewhere safe and if the same thing happens again you can copy this file and folder back to their original locations.

Peter

Write something memorable and live forever - anonymous
    The style challenged Pete'sCrypt
    IP

If you customized the interface and then crashed Draw, that customization never gets saved. That sort of saving only happens when Draw is shut down normally. If your computer is crash-prone, it's worthwhile to close and re-open Draw each time you change the interface.

The all-purpose outline icon is available by right-clicking on any toolbar and selecting "Customize." Then go to Fill & Outline/ Outline. Once there, it's the second icon from the left on the top row and looks like a little quill pen tip.

The comparable Fill icon is at Fill & Outline/ Fill. It's the third icon from the left and looks like a rainbow-filled rectangle.

Incidentally, you don't have to double-click on any toolbar icon. A single click will do. And are you aware that you can drag and drop colors from the palette? If you let go near an outline, the cursor will look like an open rectangle and the color change will happen to the outline.
    IP

Well, I've tried all those customize suggestions given and all the items I choose have a blue 'title' bar on the top of the button. The ones I had before had no title bars with a X (close) on them. Still haven't been able to find them. Guess I'll have to reset, DRATS.
    Thank you all anyway. I know my description was not very accurate but it was the best I could do. Yes properties was checked.
    PS: the icons used to show the current state of an object selected, ie: outline weight/color fill color. I really miss that. Also I had NOT made any changes to my toolbar options when the Draw crashed
    Marie
    IP

I found it,,, it was the 'status bar' that was unchecked on the drop down of 'right click' on that menu bar. Praise God,,, I have it back.
    Marie
    IP

Thank you! I had no idea that I could double-click on the status bar readouts to change color. What a great feature! This allows me to remove the two icons that do the same thing from my bottom-of-screen toolbar and move two other icons into their places. Thanks!
    IP