Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wrong menu

Default Re: Wrong menu

When you create a menu using Webstyle 4 the files are exported as images. They can be jpg or gif or png depending on your selection. There is also a javascript file which places the images on your page as needed for mouse off and mouse over conditions.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I could ask my question another way.

The navbar at the top of my website that is on the internet is not the navbar that Webstyle opens. Obviously I must have several files all over my computer so, when you launch Webstyle exactly where on the hard drive does it load the files from?

If this is a problem is it possible to get the files shown on the internet and bring them into Webstyle so starting over again but not loosing any links?

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    When you create a menu using Webstyle 4 the files are exported as images. They can be jpg or gif or png depending on your selection. There is also a javascript file which places the images on your page as needed for mouse off and mouse over conditions.
    Thank you for trying to help but I understand this. My problem is that I have created several web sites using Webstyle and I have now got all the files mixed up. I have tried replacing them by ftp but Webstyle still opens an old set of navbars, not the ones just created via Frontpage.

It is so hard trying to explain my problem.

Webstyle does not import images, html, or javascript.

If you did not save your Webstyle project you will need to recreate it. A project is saved in the Program Files/Xara/Webstyle 4/WSTemplates folder. The project will be a subfolder with a name you have given it and (Project) appended to the folder name.

The attached image shows a Windows Explorer view of a project on my computer. Double Click the thumbnail to see the larger image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WS4-project.gif 
Views:	177 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	70069  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi

I have such files but when I open the Project in Webstyle it does not open but just lists the files.

Can you provide a screen shot of the contents of your Project file.

BTW I am not a Xara employee nor any type of offical support. Webstyle is not one of the programs I use often if at all. So all my answers are best guess.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Sorry being an idiot but how do I get and show a screenshot?

Use Windows Explorer to view your project folder. Keep the Explorer windows to a size that does not exceed 800 pixels wide.

With the contents of the project file on display in the right hand pane of the explorer hold down an Alt key and hit the Prt Scrn key on your keyboard. This will put a copy of the active window, which should be Windows Explorer, in the clipboard.

Open a graphics application and then Paste from the clipboard to put a bitmap of the active window in the application. If you don't have any other graphics application you can use Windows Paint which is installed on all versions of Windows. After the paste operation you will see the bitmap. Save this as a .jpg image to your hard drive. You can then attach the jpg image to a post here at Talkgraphics.

To attach an image you scroll the edit window where you enter your post and there is a Manage Attachments button in the left side of the page.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Message deleted.
    Last edited by dwo; 23 February 2010 at 06:49 PM.

Me again.

Is this any good?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screensave.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	70074