Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Sharpen Text...?

Is there a way to "sharpen text" (in general) and especially after rotataing on an angle? I believe other programs allow the ability to do this along with "smoothing" etc. Thanks!

Default Re: Sharpen Text...?

Text is text (fonts) and is rendered by your browser or by Xara when you design. Generally there is never any need to sharpen text.

There is always a possibility that you are using an LCD screen and not running it at the *native* resolution, this will always cause text to look fuzzy.

Rotated text is exported as an image (.png)

If you can give us more inormation about the proble as you see, we might have some better answers ?

Hello - back again. I attached a sample which may better show what I am trying to explain. On my PC, after I rotate the the text, it becomes distorted and is not sharp. Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	txt_eg.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	69815  

It looks fine to me for the example posted - but then it's a very small image and I'm viewing in on my monitor, not yours.

Some questions for you

Is this the intended actual size of the finished graphic? Is it for web use?
    Which Xara software are you using? Do you have your quality setting at VHQ (Very High Quality) or lower?
    Are you using an LCD monitor?
    Can you tell me what size monitor you are using and at what resolution it is set at?
    (For example, I have a 24" 16:10 ratio LCD running at a native resolution of 1920x1200 pixels at a standard Windows screen scaling of 96dpi)

I might be way o the ball here (it has been known once in a while lmao), are you using this image in a website designed by Xara? If so I would simply lay the text over the image then dont export it as a JPG, I have noticed that text does seem to suffer a bit with blurring round the edges when it is exported as a JPG.

I believe the sotware will still export a text effect as an image but it seems to do it better if you let it do it itself upon "export website" rather than exporting it yourself then adding the image back in.

Hope that makes sense, it may just be a config my end but as said whenever I have exported text as a JPG I too have noticed blurriness.

It similar to my LCD tv at home it drives me insane I have SKY HD and normal channels upscaled via HDMI show a blurr around certain images and text really annoys the hell out of me never had it with my old size of a fridge rear projector

ha ha ha

hope that helps

Chris

Yes the reason one of my questions was regarding 'Web Use' was to point out that rotated text, no matter how minor will always be exported as a bitmap by Xara Xtreme or Web Designer.
    Browsers cannot render font's that are rotated or in any other way manipulated.
    By default, the exported bitmap format is .PNG - this is to reduce the compression artifacts you inevitably will see with .JPG

Hi Folks,

I have been able to sharpen text in a picture (in jpg format) by doing a 'sharpen' by 25%
    . It also allowed my picture to be overall sharper as well.

I'm not sure how this would work for your situation.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11