Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with a slide show

I am trying to add a slide show to my existing web site using XX5. I have looked at Xarazone and done a lot of looking for help, but can't seem to find what I am looking for.

I have found the section about inserting a Picasa Slide Show. Could someone tell me where the Picasa Web Album is, or at least how to find it. I think if I could locate that, I might be able to handle the rest on my own.

Thanks in advance for any help you might give me.
    Carl

Default Re: Help with a slide show

You might try Flash Slideshow Maker It's freeware/shareware and fairly easy to use.

Use the Create Flash File Only option when you publish your slide show from Flash Slideshow Maker. Use a placeholder rectangle the size of the largest image and locate the flash file using the Placeholder > Replace with Flash option.

Quote Originally Posted by CWallace View Post
    I have found the section about inserting a Picasa Slide Show. Could someone tell me where the Picasa Web Album is, or at least how to find it. I think if I could locate that, I might be able to handle the rest on my own.
    You can install Picasa photo manager, have it scan and list the photos on your HDD then create a slideshow movie from a selected folder or selection of photos.
    The slideshow movie is output as .wmv which you can embed in your web page

Here's how:
    Embed WMV Movie

If you prefer flash, FormatFactory can quickly convert it to .swf - this can then be added to the placeholder 'Replace with flash"

However, it you don't care for transitions, you can use Xtreme's animation tool to create a simple flash slideshow (transitions are possible, but require extra steps)

Thanks guys. I think with that information, I can do what I want to do. I may have described it wrong. I said slide show. But what I really want to do is have a picture with a forward back button at the top of it to take you to the next picture without having to create another layer or page to pop up to. I think I may can do this with Picasa. I will play around with it today and see what possibilities there might be.
    Thanks again for the responses.
    Much appreciated.
    Carl

Have a look at SIMPLEVIEWER.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37692

Simpleviewer is also available as part of PICASA'S included HTML gallery generators.

Looks like I am going to have to give up, and that's something that I hate to do.

I have tired Picasa and Simpleviewer for Picasa Templates, nothing seems to work with XX5. I can view exactly what I want when it is exported to html page in Picasa, but then when I close the preview it won't come up again, and I can't import it into XX5. I have been working on this for 2 days and nothing. I suppose I can build a Photo gallery in XX5 and just have a lot of pages or layers. Something will come to mind, maybe. I said I was going to give up, NOT. I will keep trying until I get something that is suitable.
    Saying all that to say this, Thanks to the ones that tried to help me with this project.
    Carl

Hi Carl,

Something you haven't done yet is attached a xar or web file to the problem for the gurus of the forum. Maybe if you do that you would get an answer to the problem that would be pertinent to your situation.

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this but it would be easier if the gurus could see what you've done so far.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Quote Originally Posted by Karateed View Post
    Hi Carl,

Something you haven't done yet is attached a xar or web file to the problem for the gurus of the forum. Maybe if you do that you would get an answer to the problem that would be pertinent to your situation.

I'm sure there is a simple solution to this but it would be easier if the gurus could see what you've done so far.

Thanks ED, but that seems to be the problem, if I could get it to go to xar. I would have the problem solved.
    Nothing I seem to do will go to Xara. I get a error message that says, no html could be found in this file.
    I have been busy with other things today, but will work on it again tonight.
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by CWallace View Post
    I have tired Picasa and Simpleviewer for Picasa Templates, nothing seems to work with XX5.
    Yes they work fine, you just have to search the forums a bit more to learn how to embed the html snippets into placeholders and where to maintain the file paths in the exported site.

Here's an example SIMPLEVIEWER gallery embedded into Xtreme5/Web Designer

And here's a PICASA html template (megazine) export which has been embedded into Xtreme 5/Web Designer

The .xar file is attached to demonstrate how I went about it.

Note: additional PICASA templates are available here
    Attached Files Attached Files

In Picassa, also check the permission rights of you Web album.