Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Font Gallery > Filter by Font Parameters

Have the capability to filter/sort your fonts by the font parameters similar to the font utility that was in the XaraXone called FontSeeker.

It very handy when trying to finding similar font families, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FontSeeker.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	69653  

Default Re: Font Gallery > Filter by Font Parameters

It very handy when trying to finding similar font families, etc.
    You seem to have Xtreme 5 Pro, is not the Font Gallery by family what you're looking for ?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font-families.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	69656

Steve I'm not following you on the Font Gallery. The section you have expanded is one of the folders provided by Xara. Those fonts are not necessarily installed for use on the system.

The sort options within the Font Gallery are some what limited.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	font-options.gif 
Views:	107 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	69660  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Correct, if I wanted to FILTER for fixed pitch only or FILTER the for script fonts only, which are installed then this utility allowed me to do this. Plus, you can do combination filtering.

However, the maker of the font nneds to be thorough and annote the font file properly to make the filtering work to its fullest.

I make frequent use of font filtering, but I do it through my external font manager (currently FontExpert 2009). It's a complex business, and, as you say, the font maker needs to annotate the font properly. Good luck with that.

My previous font manager (Bitstream Font Navigator) tried to do it according to the font maker's annotations. I usually found that at least half the fonts I would have characterized as "script" or "decorative" failed to show up in the filtered group because they weren't annotated that way. The annotations were more likely to be accurate when it came to "serif" and "sans serif", but not always.

The only reasonably accurate filtering I've found has been FontExpert's tagging feature, which lets you categorize fonts yourself. It's taken a good bit of work to set up, but it's definitely been worth it.

I vote no on adding font filtering to Xtreme because it would add complexity without accuracy. You'd wind up blaming Xara & Co for the font makers' faults.

You're mentioning FontSeeker in the past tense, people can still download it from Dmitry's site
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

The only way I'd like to see font filtering with in Xara is if I could categorize them myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.