Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: help me please to make these effects

I am trying to learn xtreme now, and I am asking about the xtreme tools, it is confusing to me where to post.

about the shadow effect I know it can done manually I just wonder/wish if the shadow tool do this byitself like photoshop

Please update you profile to show that you have Xtreme installed also thanks.

Here's how to post:
    If your question relates to Xara Xtreme regarding web design, flash, roll-over buttons, placeholders, publishing and so on - please post in the Talk Web > Web Designer / Xtreme forum.

If it's about Xara Xtreme but not web related the Talk Graphics > Xtreme and Xtreme Pro forum is best.

Hi Isaac

xtreme is a vector based application [ it equates to illustrator, not photoshop]

so you are going to find that a lots of things photoshop does easily xtreme does not - and of course the other way round

many of these differences stem from photoshop being pixel based and xtreme [like illustrator] being bezier/node based

have a good look at the movies in the help section and get to grips with the differences - don't get too involved too soon in the fact that they don't work the same - the priority is to learn first how xtreme does work, then you can decide if it is for you

that's how I see it....
    Last edited by handrawn; 06 February 2010 at 10:08 AM. Reason: typo - sorry
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

sledger for example this post should be in xtreme becuase making a button not necessary to web, or should be in the web ??

You tell me Isaac,
    Your thread and posts about web 2.0 colours and buttons preceded this thread about another style of button you wish to create.
    If you are drawing buttons for only print use then I'll move your thread again.
    Let me know..

it does not matter now, I am only asking so I dont annoy you in the future.

Thanks