Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Unused SWF File Appears In index_htm_files Folder

I have one website with 27 pages and hundreds of images, as well as links to YouTube videos, but no embedded videos. I recently looked into my index_html_files folder to check the size and noticed a SWF file that was 1mb in size. I thought I may have put it there earlier so I deleted it, but every time I export the website this file reappears. The bad thing is this video isn't used anywhere on the site (it may have been at one time in the development of the site), but I can't find where it's coming from when exported. I've looked through every page but can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions on how to find where it's coming from?

Default Re: Unused SWF File Appears In index_htm_files Folder

Yes this has come up before and has been logged as bug.
    Find the cache folder of the same name as your .xar file Jim (it will be in the same place as the .xar file and named filename_xar_files)
    This is where Xtreme stores .swf files that you added via the 'Replace with Flash' placeholder setting.

Even if you no longer use that placeholder and have deleted it, Xara does not remove it from the cache folder, hence it's always exported.

Default Re: Unused SWF File Appears In index_htm_files Folder

Interesting. I did a search on my hard drive for that file and noticed the index_xar_files with a version on the SWF in it. I renamed the folder and exported to test it and that fixed it so I went ahead and deleted it. Thanks for the tip.

Jim

EDIT: Another question. I also found in the index_htm_files folder a PNG that's supposed to be a JPG, and is indicated as such in the design. In the webpage properties in the browser the file is also a JPG. Any ideas? I had to delete the file from the bitmap gallery and put it back on the page to get rid of the exported PNG.
    Last edited by jimhanus; 04 February 2010 at 08:12 PM.