Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Nav Bars

Default Nav Bars

The following on bended knees:

The ability to create Nav Bars is a big omission in WebDesigner. Having to create individual buttons, link them to text & then layer them is just TOO tedious as well as being very messy. It is far too much work. On one site I have approx 100 menu items (and expect to double this over the next year) at three levels. Creating all these layers and popups is beyond the pale. XWD is, perhaps, the only web design software without Nav Bars & what is the very first question every newbie asks???? The moderators despair when the inevitable question arises "How do I create a nav bar?"

Xara Webstyle is quite a good nav bar creator but lacks integration into XWD. I have used Dreamweaver for years & the integration of Webstyle into DW is good. Where is the integration of Webstyle & WD? (I know you can do it as I have followed the instructions & done it) but it too is fiddly. I can get 3rd party nav bar applets in more easily and they are easier to maintain.

All explanations offered on this support site as well as the clips on YouTube are very much appreciated but are just just workarounds.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE mr Xara give us Nav Bars in WebDesigner with the ability to apply the nav bar to each page (I'd settle for a nav bar). WD is a great program for what I need, far better than Dreamweaver, but badly needs Nav Bars. PLEASE make it number ONE priority in the next version.
    td
    IP

Default Re: Nav Bars

Yes, we hear you.
    Though this thread should be in the Dear Xara forum. And there is one there already (if not more ).
    John.
    IP

Default Re: Nav Bars

Thread moved to Dear Xara Web Designer.. and closed
    IP