Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Any FLV Player

Default Any FLV Player

Hi, It seems there are lots of us out there with little or no coding experience and are struggling to embed Any FLV Player into XWD. I have trawled through the threads but am still a bit perplexed. These are my issues(problems) and would like some help please.
    1. Any FLV produces 6 files/folders (in my case). A folder containing the flv movie and some other stuff, a folder called 'res', a file called 'cool.swf' (the player), a file called fs_aux.html, a file called movie.html and a file called movie.xml.
    2. Do I presume you copy the movie.html to the placeholder?
    3. Where do I put the other files/folders, in the index_htm_files or the root directory.
    4. I had it partially working with everything out of the index_htm_files folder but Any FLV seemed to take no notice of placeholder position and put the player slap bang in the middle of my page. I have since not been able to recreate this.
    5. I also was aware of some coding being reproduced behind the page??
    I have had some good advice so far with this forum so again would like to beg of your good nature in further help.
    Best regards to you all.
    Geoff

Default Re: Any FLV Player

If i anderstand , the flash file is not createt with xara, but with other tool.

You must put the flash file in the plaseholder , link it .
    A flash fale has the extention .swf , thus yu must set the cool.swf in your placeholder.

Make a rectangle on your canvas and soose to set it as a placeholder, typ of plaseholder must be replace with flash , and then soose your flash file , tats the cool.swf.

(.swf is the extension of the file , so the operatingsystem know the tool to open it , if it sees .swf it looks if you hafe the flashplayer instaled and play your file in the player.)

Yes these third party programs can produce some confusion.

AnyFlv code in a placeholder:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...04&postcount=4

Here's one example using the JW Player for an .flv video

Hi Nicola, Many thanks for your response. I have now don some tweeking and got it to work. Much appreciate your rssponse to me. Geoff

Hi Sleger, thanks for your response. I have managed to tweek Any FLV Player so that it works. I will put up a solution for others. Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Even I get the video placed right in the center of the web page. Can you post how you made it to work to place the video file in the place holder?

Hi svijiya,
    Welcome to TG

This forum is for discussing Xara Web Designer and Xara Xtreme 5 web features.
    Are you using either one of these programs?
    I ask because you have entered NONE in your profile, so it's possible that information regarding Xara's placeholder feature will be of very limited use to you.