Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Browser Compatability

Hi,
    I'm currently testing out Xara Extreme Pro for website design and love the ease of creation and layout. However, I'm having a browser compatibility issue and was wondering if anyone knew what the problem might be.
    I've created a vertical menu on the left side of my site with ten menu items. Each item is a 160x60 image on the MouseOff layer, soft grouped with the same image on the MouseOn layer. The version on the MouseOn layer has a glow applied, acting as a hover effect. This entire system is shared between all the pages of the site.
    When I preview the page in the built in browser or use IE, everything works correctly. I can roll over the links and open the corresponding pages. However, FireFox, Chrome, and Safari render the page correctly, but fail to render the rollover states or open the linked pages when you click on them. It's as if this behavior has been stripped in these browsers, and all that remains is an unlinked image on the MouseOff layer.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: Browser Compatability

Can you please post a .web file so that we can see if anything is going on with the site? I personally am not aware of any browser compatability issues.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Unfortunately the .web file is at my house, so that will have to wait until later. However, I quickly re-built the case here and it seems to be working on all browsers just fine; so I'm thinking there might be something screwy in my .web file that simply rebuilding the element will fix. I'll report back when I get home.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Great Slipster. I hope it works out for you.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    My Club. My Album.

Ok, so the problem was a simple layering issue. I had a frame around my menu that I had sliced up to reduce graphics size. I grouped it in xara, which spit it out as a single image thus making it sit over my menu. Simply changing the layer order fixed it.

These things tend to have simple solutions....even if we can't see them right away.

Eric
    My Club. My Album.