Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: web page size

Default Re: web page size

Quote Originally Posted by socialdavid View Post
    I understand the value of Xara or Web Designer for web page elements, but I don't understand the continuing lack for frames and dynamic web page sizing.
    That's because you don't understand how Xtreme generates it's web pages and the limitations behind it's use of HTML. Swings and roundabouts and all that. Xtreme does a great job but it has some limitations - just like everything in life.

With netbooks and the wide variety of monitor sizes, it seems the simple tested methods of web page design should be built in
    I'm not quite sure what these "simple tested methods" are.

I for one also object to being constrained into a centered format with variable backgrounds - and that it also looks unprofessional sometimes.
    There's no point in objecting to something that is a design compromise. A lot of people would like to see fluid layouts, but would be reluctant to accept the extra complication that they bring to web development.

If a web site looks unprofessional with a fixed layout, it says more about the abilities of the designer than the software that was used to build it.

I see other sites like Ebay,IMDB etc and wish I could produce sites like that, at least widthwise.

I think it would be nice to have the option via a fixed amount of widths,knowing the possible results, but at least being able to choose.

I am in the first week of trialing Web Designer and so far it has exceeded my expectations. I was learning Dreamweaver CS4 but Xara intrigues me with its ease of use.
    However the restrictive page width does bug me .

Maybe I am spoiled, can we have too many options?!!!
    I'll give it the full trial and maybe I'll think differantly by then.

I see other sites like Ebay,IMDB etc and wish I could produce sites like that, at least widthwise.
    I think it would be nice to have the option via a fixed amount of widths,knowing the possible results, but at least being able to choose.
    Yes, Ebay is 'fixed' width (930 pixels) as is IMBD (about 1012 pixels)

..and
    However the restrictive page width does bug me .
    You have no restrictions on page size, simply enter the width and height you want in the page size options dialog or use your mouse to manually drag the right and bottom edges of the page.