Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hey,
    I am new to Xara X i need help with some stuff. I have made these to button thingys but when i put it on a Black BG it show white. Here is what i mean.

http://www.geocities.com/naew_wrestling/Test.html

If you can help me out can u please take away the white.

Thats just 1 of my problems.

My 2nd probelm is How can i Use PSD's and JPG's Cuts ???

Can u please help me
    Thank
    Luke

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E-mail: krayzie_pimp5000@yahoo.com

Hey,
    I am new to Xara X i need help with some stuff. I have made these to button thingys but when i put it on a Black BG it show white. Here is what i mean.

http://www.geocities.com/naew_wrestling/Test.html

If you can help me out can u please take away the white.

Thats just 1 of my problems.

My 2nd probelm is How can i Use PSD's and JPG's Cuts ???

Can u please help me
    Thank
    Luke

E-mail: krayzie_pimp5000@yahoo.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you can help me out can u please take away the white. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but I'll tell you how you can do it yourself! When you create an animation, set the page background to the colour of the webpage they will be placed on. Go to the colour gallery, select your desired colour, click on background. Save as animated gif. Voila.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My 2nd probelm is How can i Use PSD's and JPG's Cuts ??? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what you're aksing here. Please try again and explain the problem in more detail. I suspect you want to know how to slice an image using the name gallery, but I'll wait to hear...

--
    Big Frank was
    http://www.wognum.org/files/madewithxarax.gif
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Big Franks advises

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Go to the colour gallery, select your desired colour, click on background. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sheesh, I never knew about that. Where the heck have I been?

Luke--

You can also hold down the Ctrl key and drag a color, black for example, onto the page to change the page background.

Make sure that you do not have a solid colored rectangle behind your image. You can add an invisible rectangle (no outline and no fill) if you need your objects to be a precise size.

And use Pixels as your Units (Page Options) and make sure your images are in even pixel amounts (107 pixels not 107.3 pixles for example).

Xara anti-aliases (smoothes) your image to the background color (provided there is no solid colored rectangle behind the object(s). It does this by creating a fringe of intermediate colored pixels. When seen over the appropriate background the image's edges are sharp and clean. Over the wrong colored background, as you discovered, the fringe is very apparent and disturbing.

Your second question: what are you trying to do with the JPEG and PSD images?

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Even So Humble...