Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Identify Font?

Default Re: Identify Font?

angelize,
    Thank you for sending that example. It made a lot more sense seeing your process than it did watching a video of someone draw random shapes with the brush tool (that I've mastered ). I had a hard time understanding why you need to convert lines to shapes until I tried it with the actual file and using the correct tool after converting. It won't take me 3 hours the next time!

One question: the curve of the "B" in the first example is very linear and smooth. When I try to follow a curve like that, my line is much more jagged, and often I'll get an extra node in the middle and have to re-draw the line. Any idea why that happens?

Thanks!

Jim

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back at this, The only thing I can think of that would cause the extra node would be if you accidentally released the mouse button and then clicked again to continue dragging. You have to drag with the shape editor in a continuous motion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

angelize,
    No problem, done with the project. If I make the curve fast or slow doesn't matter, sometimes still get an extra node. Probably just my mouse having a little glitch. Thanks for your help.

Jim