Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Jerky action when opening site

Hi
    I have just managed to host my first site. Its very simple but I am very chuffed. I am an absolute computer bafoon. So this is an achievement for me. Its not yet complete as far as tweeking is concernd and I am sure there is a lot I will still have to do to optimize it.However, the site opens in a very jerky action with different sections opening seperatly. Is there anything I can do at this stage to help with this issue or are my initial design fundimentals wrong ? I obviously dnt want to redesign the whole thing again to fix it thanks in advance
    bl

www.cabincrewtales.com

Default Re: Jerky action when opening site

What you are seeing is based on your connection download speed.
    Those with faster connections may not see what you do.
    You can greatly reduce load times by using JPG instead of PNG for many of the graphics. You can specify JPG export in the Web Properties>>Image dialog. (Press the Help button for more information)

Thank you as always

Most other sites on the web when I browse dont open like this and thats using the same internet connection.
    I also checked my images and they are all jpegs
    tx all the same

Quote Originally Posted by biglove View Post
    I also checked my images and they are all jpegs
    Check this out:

The main frame background graphic which loads the slowest:
    http://www.cabincrewtales.com/default_html_files/0.png 246kb

The side bar graphic:
    http://www.cabincrewtales.com/default_html_files/4.png 70kb

...and checking the html source of your site shows that almost every image is .PNG

Remember biglove, that any JPG images that you import will be *exported* as PNG if you apply any affects to them (such as you have to 4.png above) or group them with text or other images etc.
    For Xara to export as JPG you must specific this as explained in my first post.

Hope this helps you understand why your site loads a little slower than other optimised sites on the web..