Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Inserting wmv in Web Designer

I know this has probably been answered a million times and I've done it before but can't remember how. I want to insert a wmv video file into a page in Webdesigner. I have a placeholder, but what do I do now? The wmv resides on my site.

Default Re: Inserting wmv in Web Designer

Mike I have moved your thread to the Talk Web Web Designer/Xtreme forum.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

What I did from there...
    Find a embed object script that will read the WMV and place that into your placeholder.

If you want to insert a windows media player, look-up/Google "embed windows media player" and you should find several code examples.

Then you will need to customize your code to find the file (just like setting up hyperlinks).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G_NMP View Post
    I know this has probably been answered a million times and I've done it before but can't remember how. I want to insert a wmv video file into a page in Webdesigner. I have a placeholder, but what do I do now? The wmv resides on my site.
    The following code may help. Don't ask me too much about it, I downloaded it & replaced the WMV details & size with my own & it seem to work. You may need to adjust the size of your placeholder to suit. It uses MediaPlayer with a link to MS website & displays the player controls. If the person viewing does not have the plugin s/he is prompted to download it. The result may be seen at greygypsies.com.au/info/popup_tent.htm

Code to put in your place holder:
    <object id="mediaPlayer" classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" width="320" height="260" Codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#Version=5,1,52,701" standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components..." type="application/x-oleobject">
    <param name="autoStart" value="true"/>
    <param name="url" value="fold.wmv" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <param name="uiMode" value="full" />
    <param name="loop" value="false" />
    <embed id="EmbedmediaPlayer" type="application/x-mplayer2" src="fold.wmv" width="350" height="260">
    </embed>
    </object>

Enjoy!
    td

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G_NMP View Post
    I have a placeholder, but what do I do now? The wmv resides on my site.
    Download this sample .web file - instructions within

embed_movie.web