Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ginger...

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I was playing with the brush tool and one thing led to another until there in front of me was a piece of ginger. (I had tofu with ginger sauce for dinner - that may have had some influence on me - I don't know).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ginger.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	6485  

I was playing with the brush tool and one thing led to another until there in front of me was a piece of ginger. (I had tofu with ginger sauce for dinner - that may have had some influence on me - I don't know).

Regards, Ross

Does ginger normally give you nightmares? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Somehow I get the impression that the fibers in the ginger spun themselves into a simulacrum and sprouted eyes.

Where Jens' grape wasn't translucent enough, your ginger is a little too translucent. Wonder if there's a way to meet in the middle. Ginger grapes, anyone?

Love the text setup, though.

I'd join you in the tofu, but I'm off soy right now. Seems I've developed an allergy. Ginger, OTOH, is still high on my list of pleasurable foods.

Allison

Sure it is translucent - it is virtual ginger! Ya I know it doesn't look "exactly" like the real thing but that didn't bother me. I kind-a liked the loose feel of it.

I don't know what "simulacrum" is and I'm afraid to ask [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] - sounds kind-a intestinal. If it brings up images like that to you I'm afraid nothing I can say will get that out of your mind. You will have nightmares for sure! Sorry!

I also like the golden brown colours in the illustration. I've always found browns difficult in Xara and I've told myself I'm going to work with them more.

Allison I'm glad you like the text. The font is known as "Bremen Bd Bt". I think it is a free one I found on the net. It bevels really well. Touch of gradient fill and a yellow glow and I think it suits the illustration well.

Next I think I'll have to try a parsnip brush...

Regards, Ross

Hey Ross, how'd you make that brush?
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Reuters: In a startling and horrifying discovery off the coast of Nova Scotia, fishermen brought back a live specimen of Gingergalophocus, long believed to have been extinct for over 200 million years. Although revolting in appearance with three eyes attached to long armlike tentacles, these strange fishlike creatures once ruled the seas and were considered an evolutionary stepping stone to the modern squid.

Bryan

Bryan - Did you know they actually believe there are giant squid off our coast? I'm not kidding, there are reports of 50 to 75 foot long squid-like creatures believed to be an ancient species that survives today in the deeps of the North Atlantic. Just think of the calamari! Yummy!

Big Frank - Find below the dot-xar of the ginger. You can play with the ginger brush yourself. It is a ring-like shape with a gradient fill and lots of transparency. The brush spacing is close with varied scaling. If you don't like ginger you can use it to draw doggy-doos.

Allison - You can download the file and use the brush to draw your own simulacrum-like things [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    (I really am afraid to ask anyone what that means - it sounds too embarrassing).

Regards, Ross

Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Ross,

According to the Webster New World Edition...

Simulacrum: 1. an image; likeness
    2. a vague representation; semblance
    3. a mere pretense; sham

Personally, I like the Ginger Brush. Ginger tea is my favorite cold remedy.

Soquili [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

So I needn't be embarrassed! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Ross

Ross

Absolutely no reason to be embarrassed -- about the ginger squid or the word. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Glad Soquili got to the dictionary so as not to leave you in suspense.

BTW, Bremen is a Bitstream font (at least my version is), so you may have gotten it from a Corel CD. I used it in a logo for our user group several years ago (pre Xara; output only on laser printer or offset).

Soquili

Ginger tea is good stuff, with or without lemon and a drop of honey. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] A ginger bath is all right, too.

Bryan

LOL!

Allison
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo96.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	9580