Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Layer Problem

Default Layer Problem

Hi Folks,

I'd say I was pulling my hair out if I had any.....

On this particular page the 8th card isn't popping up properly. Each picture should mouse over with the picture that's showing in the thumbnail. I ended up copying the 7th picture (the green dragon) and thought I had replaced that properly with the wordy card that you see showing in layer photo8.

What else happens is that when I mouse click the 'wordy' thumbnail, then the picture pops up. I end up having to click one of the other thumbnails to get everything to turn back to normal.

I think I've done something with the layers but don't know what or how to get it fixed.

Would someone be so kind as to offer some suggestions as to how I should escape the trap I've created for myself.

Thanks very much for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Karateed; 25 January 2010 at 03:12 AM.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Default Re: Layer Problem

1. Select thumbnail number 8 (the one with the text) and open Web Properties dialog.
    2. On the 'Link' tab select 'Do nothing' and click Apply.
    3. On the 'Mouse-over' tab select 'Photographer_photo8' in the 'Show popup layer' drop-down box and click Apply.

Here you go!

I think the reason of the problem was that you had mistakenly selected the pop-up layer on the 'Link' tab instead of the 'Mouse over' tab.
    John.

Default Re: Layer Problem

Hi John,

Well, that was part of the problem, the other part of the problem was that the frame for the thumbnail still pointed to the photo_7 picture. I guess that's why the photo_7 kept coming up instead of the printed card....

Once I did as you said and pointed the frame part to photo_8 it worked fine.

Thanks very much, it keeps an already getting up in age guy from getting older much faster.
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11