Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hi,

Since I've installed the patch the "Put HTML Image Tag On Clipboard" checkbox on export doesn't work. Even if make sure it's checked, there's no tag on the clipboard.

I use this feature like 20 times a day and I love it, so it really slows down my work to have it not working.

Also before Xara X if I checked this box it stayed checked. Now with X I have to check it every time I export. Will this be fixed in future updates??

Thanks,
    Tracy

Hi,

Since I've installed the patch the "Put HTML Image Tag On Clipboard" checkbox on export doesn't work. Even if make sure it's checked, there's no tag on the clipboard.

I use this feature like 20 times a day and I love it, so it really slows down my work to have it not working.

Also before Xara X if I checked this box it stayed checked. Now with X I have to check it every time I export. Will this be fixed in future updates??

Thanks,
    Tracy

Tracy

I just tried exporting an image with a object containing a Web Address (URL) both as a GIF and as a HTML Image Map and in both cases it placed the text in the clipboard.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Gary, I think Tracy may mean the tick box on the Bitmap Size tab when exporting, say, a GIF.

Xara X usually puts the image's name and dimensions onto the clipboard in the format [img]name[/img].

I just tried the above on my PC, exporting a GIF and ticking the "Put HTML Image Tag On Clipboard" checkbox but there was nothing on my clipboard either. I'm also using the patched version, 1.0c CD

The only reason I can think why this should work for me and not for you is possibly you installed the CD version of Xara X over an existing copy.

Other than that it is most perplexing.

What I just noticed is that when I exported the image map as HTML Image Map, only the HTML document appeared in my folder, whereas when I exported as GIF with the ImageMap option checked, it created both the image and the HTML document.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

What Daniel said above is exactly what I mean.

I'm not exporting an image map, just a regular gif. And I actually didn't install the CD version over an existing version...the patch wasn't working for me so I uninstalled all versions of Xara from my computer, clean installed the CD version then sucessfully ran the patch.

And another strange thing about all this is I beta tested Xara X before it came out and through all the different versions the "put HTML tag..." thing has worked and not worked.