Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Missing font: Martina?

New computer...new install of XWD...upon opening my .web file constructed with XWD on old computer...why am I getting the following warning message:

"Warning from XWD:

This document contains fonts that are not currently installed (Martina). It will display and print correctly using embedded subset fonts but editing may result in a substituted font being used."

I am not aware of purposely using Martina font in the file. Was it part of XWD, and why don't I have it now?

Default Re: Martina?

As far as I am aware Web Designer does not include any fonts in the installation.
    Clearly if it was, then you would have it on any machine where you install Web Designer.
    You may have got from another program which was installed on the other machine. If you still have access to the old PC, just bring a copy over to the new machine and install it there.

Well, the old machine is not readily available. But I did Google "Martina font family" and it appears that it is a fancy calligraphy font. I have no clue where that would appear in my file, although it is 33 pages in length. But I have no calligraphy in the file that I am aware of.

Martina is a script type of font.

You can download it from fonts101.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	martina_font.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	69384  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Missing font: Martina?

Thanks Bill, I really don't see a need for it. I was just curious if anyone else knew why it was putting up that warning message. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything...I just click "continue" and it opens with no problems. It doesn't do that on my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtbone View Post
    I was just curious if anyone else knew why it was putting up that warning message.
    Because a font that is used in the saved .web is missing on the system it is being opened on. (eg; not installed to: c:\windows\fonts).

Quote Originally Posted by oldtbone View Post
    It doesn't do that on my laptop.
    Because on your laptop, the font is available (eg: is installed to: c:\windows\fonts).

I have the same issue.

It only appears when I go to preveiw the site.

And I have not changed any text settings...

Yes, you will get a font warning on preview if the font you are using it not web safe, (this is a little different to Oldtbone's issue though.)
    You cannot choose any font you fancy that resides on your sysytem and have it show on someone elses browser next door or across the planet if that font isn't also on thier computer (which could be a Mac or Linux PC as well)
    So there are Web Safe Fonts

If you really want to use a font which isn't web safe, group it and Xara will export it as a PNG so that it appears as an image for everyone who view your site, but be aware that search engines won't read it as text, so add Alt text if you do this.

Thank you for that clarification much appreciated