Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Missing font: Martina?

Thanks Bill, I really don't see a need for it. I was just curious if anyone else knew why it was putting up that warning message. It doesn't seem to be affecting anything...I just click "continue" and it opens with no problems. It doesn't do that on my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtbone View Post
    I was just curious if anyone else knew why it was putting up that warning message.
    Because a font that is used in the saved .web is missing on the system it is being opened on. (eg; not installed to: c:\windows\fonts).

Quote Originally Posted by oldtbone View Post
    It doesn't do that on my laptop.
    Because on your laptop, the font is available (eg: is installed to: c:\windows\fonts).

I have the same issue.

It only appears when I go to preveiw the site.

And I have not changed any text settings...

Yes, you will get a font warning on preview if the font you are using it not web safe, (this is a little different to Oldtbone's issue though.)
    You cannot choose any font you fancy that resides on your sysytem and have it show on someone elses browser next door or across the planet if that font isn't also on thier computer (which could be a Mac or Linux PC as well)
    So there are Web Safe Fonts

If you really want to use a font which isn't web safe, group it and Xara will export it as a PNG so that it appears as an image for everyone who view your site, but be aware that search engines won't read it as text, so add Alt text if you do this.

Thank you for that clarification much appreciated