Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouseover flash

Default Re: Mouseover flash

I just realized that chrome and firefox browsers do not load a flash file until you mouseover the popup! What kind of stupid browsers are these anyway?
    I'm confused here Arid. Where does it state that swf files are preloaded? There is an obvious difference between IE and Chrome/FF in that the mouse over effects work differently (in FF/Chrome the mouse over effects don't work at all in fact if you use "Replace with Flash"). I don't think it's anything to do with pre-loaders either.

I'd also caution regarding using Xara templates as your own work. I'd suggest you use terms like "Template based Web Design", then if a client happens across another similar web site to the one you've supplied based on the same template at least your in the clear ;-)
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg

The video you made was based on using the preload script I supplied in link.
    I tested it and it also doesn't preload in firefox. You must mouseover to upload in firefox. So the best method I have found so far is the iframe.
    Firefox users will have to wait a little longer to view.

This page is in the EARLY TEST stage. That is why the graphics aren't updated yet.

Also I have always been under the impression that templates and clipart supplied with FOR USE WITH software bought is legal. Have you ever seen "Template based Web Design" listed on any website? Millions of websites are created from templates and I have never seen anything like that. Besides these are just pictures to give the customer an idea of what's available.

Thanks for the iframe tip

Anyway I will be putting the iframe version up again so you can check it out.