Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default changing page title without uploading whole site

Hi,

I created this website in Xara for my company:

www.bloomsburycleaning.co.uk

If you look at the page title, you will notice it says 'Cleaners in LondonCleaning Company'. The lack of a space between 'London and Cleaning' is something I want to rectify to help my search engine rankings. I remember I had terrible difficulties uploading the site using the built in uploader, which isn't very good. I had to get a IT guy to upload using Filezilla, which I have. Is there anyway of changing the page title in Filezilla without uploading the whole site again?

Default Re: changing page title without uploading whole site

Quote Originally Posted by stuart1980 View Post
    Is there anyway of changing the page title in Filezilla without uploading the whole site again?
    Yes you can log on with FileZilla, find the index.htm and right click>> View/Edit the file.

You may first need to define a text editor in the Edit>>Settings>>File Editing (notepad will do)

Filezilla will download a copy and load it into your text edtor where you can edit the:
    <title>Bloomsbury Cleaning Services, Cleaners in LondonCleaning Company Office Cleaning Domestic Cleaners End of Tenancy Cleaning Cleaners</title> and save.
    Once saved FileZilla will ask if you have finished with it and then upload back to the server. You will need to confirm the overwrite.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 21 January 2010 at 08:18 PM.

Thanks for the reply. How do I find the htm file? In filezilla, I go to index.htm files and it has a long list of png. jpeg files. Underneath that is default.css, files.lst, png.js, roe.js. That's all there is.

Not in that folder, go back one level.

To do this, double click the double dots at the top of the file list ..
    Name:  back-one-level.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  6.5 KB

Not sure if its worked - logged into my remote site in filezilla, navigated to httpdocs, went to index.htm (which is listed as a firefox document) and made the changes and uploaded. I cleared my cache and cookies, but google is still showing up the mistake in the page heading. I view source on my webpage and the mistake is still there. However, when I view the index.htm file in filezilla it is changed. Can you shed any light on this? Have I edited the wrong file?

I see the corrected version in my browser. Google will take some time before it's data becomes updated.

Jim

Great - thanks guys, as always top class!

Quote Originally Posted by stuart1980 View Post
    Hi,

I created this website in Xara for my company:

www.bloomsburycleaning.co.uk
    I saw your site before but want to say that I really like it. Great job! Clean, yet colorful, 'playful' and tasteful design.

Thanks for the complement. It took three months of solid seriously late nights! It seems to do the trick, as a lot of people phone up and just book straight away because they like the whole 'feel' of the company it projects, which is just what I was after. Thanks again!

I agree. Nice design and nice feel at the site. Well done concept and implementation