Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default POPUP Layer Procedure

Dear All,
    I has trying the demo version of Xara Webdesigner (before buying the product),
    a have a few question for this product :
    1. How to make a dropdown Navigation Menu,
    2. How to make some of template, for example for photo galerry.
    3. I has trying to use photo galleries which is apply on "layer#1", with "popup photo" format for each images.

But after i try to preview the website, the images is poping up but when i close the images, the pages is return to the parent pages, is not back to the photo gallery list.

But when i put the images galleries on the pages (is not on the layer pages) is no problem.

Could you give me the solution.

When is OK, i will buy this product soonest. It's a Excellent Product

rgds,
    yasaku

Default Re: POPUP Layer Procedure

Welcome to TG Forum,

I think your first lesson might be how to use the forum search feature.
    The questions you ask have been asked and answered many times here.
    So please, search the forum and read as much as you can, have a shot and come back to us if you have problems, you can even post a file that you're working on and someone will take a look at it for you

Here's something to help start you off:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37684

And see about ½ way down: • Videos by Curtis Sorenson: Cursor's Dropdown menu Part 1

Question Re: POPUP Layer Procedure

I do by searching on the forums, but is still can not find the solution.

I repeat againts the question:
    i created the popup photo galleries on the layer (ex: layer#1, layer#2,.. etc),
    on the main pages i just put the text link which is poping up the layer with photo galleries. when the photo galleries is clicked for each photo, after pressing the close button, it's back to main pages. How to make each time the closed button pressed it will back to galleries.

pls check the files

rgds,
    indigodesigner
    Attached Files Attached Files

The reason is that layer pop-ups are not persistent. They hide away as soon as you move your mouse pointer outside of the graphics on the pop-up layer.

I would suggest to place your galleries (5 galleries in your example) on separate pages (see attached example).
    That's the easy solution.
    The hard and really unnecessary one would be to use locking pop-ups tweak from the tweakset.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by covoxer; 21 January 2010 at 06:54 AM.
    John.

Thks for the reply

Of course, when we put the galleries on the pages the pop up will work OK, but it will make to many .htm file on the website.
    I think is not a good solution.

is there any good solution. before we decide to buy the product?

Regards,
    indigodesigner

Quote Originally Posted by indigodesigner View Post
    but it will make to many .htm file on the website.
    I think is not a good solution.
    In my opinion, in this case, if I understand the purpose of the site right, it's just opposite. It would be much worse to have a single page with dozens or even hundreds of images on it. This would slow down your site a lot. In case when every gallery has it's own page, only content of this gallery has to be downloaded before the page opens. If you put all galleries on a single page, the content of all galleries would have to be downloaded as your visitor opens the page.
    Think about it.

Still there is a solution to have everything on one page (even though I would still recommend to have a multiple pages in this particular case). You can use the Locking Pop-ups tweak from my tweakset. This will allow you to explicitly control visibility of every separate pop-up layer.
    John.

covoxer;

I'm trying to add a flash video to a popup layer and I need to "lock" it in place (because) the video has clickable buttons. I've downloaded the tweaks files and tried to use the "lock pop up layer system" but when I try to use it in "Preview website" I only get an error "Object expected".

1) I have a hidden layer named Video
    2) I have a large rectangular object named "myVideo" on the "Video" Layer

3) on my main index.html page I have a small square "open" object (no name) and in the "Link" tab area for that object I have selected "Link to web address:" and entered "javascript:my_open('myVideo')" in the URL input box.
    BTW: There is nothing I can find labeled URL field. -- but this must be the place!

I also have a corresponding "stop" object set for "javascript:my_close('myVideo')"

I've tried to follow you instruction but I must be doing something wrong.

Could you please help me out?

Welcome to TG Ron,

Here's something I did a little while ago which does just that with a Flash video (.flv) Perhaps this will help?

Embedded Popup FLV Player

Also remember, that many of the scripts will only work after your have exported your site to a folder. Before this happens, a preview can fail if there are external (flash) resources needed.
    Also, some will fail on the local machine due to MS security restraints.
    So try exporting and then previewing, or upload (publish) to your host and check.

sledger

Thanks for the input. I did find a video by spudmachine on youtube and it was a great help. However I still had difficulty getting the system to work for me.

my index.html page had multiple layers already and nothing I tried could get the pop up "lock" to work without an error message.

Finally in frustration I started from scratch with a new web page and followed the video exactly as shown... that finally got the system to work for me.. Then I had to figure out why it wouldn't work on my index.html web page.

In the end, the only way I could get it to work was to placed the popup lock tweak and the "On" button in the "mouseOff" layer. I don't understand why that is the case but at least I got it working. Perhaps I still don't understand what I'm doing -- but at least I'm happy with the results :-)

BTW: I'm still going to view your video and see if I can gain any new insight to what's happening.

Ron