Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default First site using xara

Hi!

This is the first site I have designed (my own companies). Been meaning for years to learn dreamweaver, in fact have made a few starts but given up many times. Then I learnt about xara web designer. Brilliant, hope to do a few more websites soon.

www.skech.co.uk

Please let me know what you think

thanks

kash

Default Re: First site using xara

Welcome to TG kash,

A lot of work has gone into that and it's paid off. Looks very professional and right on the mark. Well done.

Thanks sledger.

You may have noted that I put up another post for the same subject, I thought the other one was not posted correctly so I did it again.

thanks again

Kash

Kash,

Great job! Very well thought out. I'm sure you spent a lot of time on it. The graphics are excellent.

My only recommendation would be to center the text on the buttons at the top of the page.

Also might be nice to have a link to "how to order". How to supply you with art work, etc.

Zee

edit: Kash, is there a reason that you have links to Google, YouTube, etc. on your Contact page? Pesonally I would prefer to keep people at my site when I finally get them there instead of offering links to get them to leave.
    Last edited by zee; 18 January 2010 at 08:25 PM.

Thanks Zee!

The reason I left the text on the buttons justified to the left was because of the scalloped corner on the top right of the button, to centre it would have made it look awkwardly placed. Their is a page devoted to how to supply artwork, but you are totally right when you say that there are not any real details on how to order, I am looking at getting some sort of online ordering on there and would really appreciate if any one had any ideas on how to go about doing this using Web Designer.

thanks you for your comments

Kash

Hi Sketch,

This is a nice site indeed well done.
    Really did capitalise on your product offerings with this. Nice and crisp, easy to follow and informative.

Kudos

Thanks ArchersPromo!

I hope to finish the portfolio page this week, so please have a look at it at the end of next week.

thanks again

Kash

Exellento Sketch. Really well done. Hard to believe you are a first timer. Where did you get the email form? You need to move the bar away from the spam gotcha so they can be read. Or is this done purposely?
    Never seen so many links on any website. You really got grounds to celebrate!

Many thanks Werkzeug!

The form is from Foxyform.com, it was really easy to set up and really reliable, though not very customisable. Will try and get the bar moved. Like so many others I wish that Xara would put in a form creator in the next release.

thanks Again

Lots of information. But easy to get to it. Nice work.