Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default [XWD]Shape Editor Tool plus more

Hello

I saw that XWD also includes the shape editor tool but it looks like it works different. When I make a rectangle with the rectangle tool and I go to arrange I don't see the option 'convert to editable shapes'. Is this not included in XWD or is it just me getting paranoid?

Is it possible to convert text into an image? And would it be possible in XWD to create layouts like this: http://www.sitedeals.nl/attachments/...-chillemnu.jpg?

Thanks!

Default Re: [XWD]Shape Editor Tool plus more

Hi Riemer,

Web Designer is a truncated version of Xtreme and lacks many of the drawing functions of Xtreme.

You can convert text to an image simply be grouping it.

Yes it is possible to create a layout similar to the one you have linked to.
    You will however need to use placeholders for any <form code you use.
    If the page uses PHP scripting, you will also need to rename the index.htm to index.php on or after export. Supplementary pages can be named page2.php (for example) in the Web Properties 'Page Name' area.

Hey Riemer, for your first qustion, try this: creat your rectangle, and still selected, go to arrnge -compaine shapes. add shapes. then use the shape editor tool to edit your rectangle. maybe that help. Regards BP
    Im in love with Xara X / BP
    Friends, I apologize for my broken English
    My TG Albums: http://www.talkgraphics.com/album.php?u=20432

Thanks for the fast reply!

So unfortunately it doesn't have an option to edit the rectangle shape? Do you think about it to include it? Thanks Black Panter for your help! Awesome!

Thanks, my text is indeed now an image!

And, I just like to create a jpg. I don't want a HTML + CSS file. So it is possible to create a layout like that without using the included layouts? Just starting for scratch?

Quote Originally Posted by Riemer View Post
    So unfortunately it doesn't have an option to edit the rectangle shape? Do you think about it to include it?
    No I didn't say this.
    You can edit a rectangle with the shape editor in Web Designer by first selecting the rectangle then by pressing the 'Add Shapes' icon on the info bar (or press Ctrl+1)
    This is what BP has said in his post

Sorry, my bad! Works like a charm! Can I ask one more question please? Everytime when I see people buying/selling layouts I see they use PSD/PNG. But what if I want to sell a layout created in Xara Xtreme/Webdesigner? When I export it to .PSD not everything is editable and the sad thing is that .PSD is the industry standard .

Thanks!
    Riemer