Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Shape Tweening

Default Shape Tweening

Hi All,

I am on Xara Xtreme 4.01. I find that I cannot tween shape changes. Is this because of the version that I am on?

I see various references in these forums to shape tweening as opposed to motion tweening (with which I have no issue). But I have failed to find anything in the documentation describing how to do shape tweening.

If I am missing something completely obvious then I do apologise.

Regards

John Mike

Default Re: Shape Tweening

Hello and welcome to Talkgraphics.

Flash animations in Xtreme do not support changing shapes. There are 6 transformations that can be done to a single shape between keyframes.

Please refer to the Help file under Flash Animations.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flash_animations.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	69177  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

If by shape tweening as opposed to motion tweening, you mean a static (non animated) graphic, then what I've attached is done using the Blend Tool.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blend.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	69178  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for getting back to me. Yes I was aware of the 6 options of tweening between shapes which I refer to as motion tweening.

I am also aware of the blend tool.

What Xara cannot do as stated in your replies is tween between two shapes which have changed.

Xara will tween between a shape and a blended shape. To get my desired effect I am adding lots of frames and using the blend tool to gradually work the animation into the new shape. Each time I blend I am converting the blend result into editable shapes. Then ungrouping. Then making that part which is no longer required transparent regrouping so that Xara completes the tween with the blend. And off we go to the next slide.

Doubtless someone will point out a much easier way to proceed. But at the moment this is getting the required result - even if it's a wee bit on the slow side.