Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default web template zeta theme grouping

I'm experimenting with the Zeta theme in the new Web Template Pack 1.

The main body area consists of a large white rounded rectangle with a shadow and a white highlight at the top. I tried resizing the rectangle horizontally which worked fine except for the highlight which didn't alter from its original size. This appears to be because it is not grouped with the rectangle (see attached file).

I got around this by manually grouping them all together THEN resizing. Is this an 'omission' in the template or is it not being grouped intentional?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: web template zeta theme grouping

Not sure what you are asking, but there's nothing wrong with the Zeta theme as supplied and it is fully editable and customisable.
    If you want to resize the page and rectangle objects without resizing the head and foot text and objects:

Marquee select the head icons / logo type and subtext then move it off the page.

Marquee select the row of buttons / separator line / copyright text and 'Made with Xara' and move them off the page.

Resize the page by dragging the right then bottom edges (or in the page options)

Marquee select all objects *on the page* and drag resize to fit the new page area.

You can then return the off-page objects back to their positions using the same 'marquee-select' method.

Works perfectly and all mouseoff/mouseover actions are retained correctly.

Apologies if I misunderstood.

Hi Sledger, thanks for the quick reply. I think I wasn't being clear in my post - I want to post a revised example to help clarify my point but for some reason the attach button is doing nothing now, although it will work if I start a new thread so I'll do that.

Default Attention Sledger - Zeta

Hi Sledger

You'll see it the attached file has just 2 of the original Zeta theme objects: a rectangle and a 'top highlight' (I've moved them apart for the sake of clarity). Dragging the rectangle handle to make it wider works fine, all proportions are retained as required. However the highlight will not expand with it - because it is not grouped I think.

Why is the highlight object not grouped with the rectangle in the first place so it expands with the rectangle (after all its only purpose, as far as I can see, is to add and effect to the rectangle)?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have merged your two threads. Can't think why the attachment manager wouldn't show for you?

I think the answer to your question is purely academic and can only be answered by the original designer.
    If you wish to group the highlight to the rectangle - please do so