This goes out to all the logo designers or anyone that has a fair share of their time vested in the making of a good logo.

By the way, I do all my marks in Xara!

There are times when I DUST off Illy but that is a rare occasion.

I'm curious at to what everyone does in the design process of a mark..

I find logos very rewarding! I have been lucky to create some very good marks for some bigger corporations - tho I can't list some of my best ones as I designed them as a ghost, so I must respect the anonymity of the client(s) -

I myself, take time to research, and do all I can to implement the best things to convey the meaning within the mark.

I really enjoy the slight implications in a mark, like a punch here or curve there.. that says everything..

So for instance, I have a logo I'm doing for a marketing company.

First thing that comes to my mind's eye is the arrow going up and expressing growth and profit..

Nah!!! I finally settle on a abstract mark "Icon" to the left of the type and then did a custom typeface to fit the mark..

First shot and hit a home run! "It's always a nice extra when you and your client agrees upon a concept."

It's really funny for me as my approach is different with each concept!

But, my base process goes as follows:

- Get a detailed brief! " my questionnaire is pretty detailed"
- feedback from client!
- Start to research. " I do an extensive research on the field"
- feedback from client!
- Start to sketch. "I like to put ideas to pencil and paper first"
- feedback from client!
- Start the process of implementing what I have gathered.
- feedback from client!
- And finally, hitting the mark and getting to the revisions.

I also take in the psychology and symbolism behind colors, which can be a bit hard as each culture is different..

I must mention the thing that annoys me the most, when I know that something is best suited, BUT! they want a crappy web 2.0 with gloss and a refection type of thing! UGH!

Look forward to you guys sharing your process and experiences..

Mindseye.