Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Upgrading to Xara 5

Not sure where I should post this, but I purchased The Official Guide and have attempted to purchase the upgrade from XaraXtreme 4.0 to version 5.0 at xara.com (where I have always purchased previous products). When I complete the online order process, I am given the confirmation screen, but I never receive an email confirmation. I'm afraid I may have ordered twice since I didn't think the first one went through. I have posted several trouble tickets over the past week, but have not received any response from Xara sales support. Does anyone know a way to get through to support other than the trouble ticket form on their website? (I'm in the U.S., so it would be too expensive to try to call unless they have a toll free number). I've never had any issues in the past with their support or making online purchases. I'm anxious to get started with the new version, but am very frustrated about the lack of response.

Default Re: Upgrading to Xara 5

Hi Aleciat,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Have you logged into your Xara account and looked at your products?

You should see if you have two instances of Xtreme 5, if you have accidentally bought two.

The first attachment shows which option to use to view your products. The second shows that I have two instances of Xtreme Pro 5 and Xtreme 5 registered in my account. Naturally I have hidden my serial numbers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my-products.gif 
Views:	167 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	69143   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	my-registered.gif 
Views:	171 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	69144  

Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

There was no version 5 there when I looked last Friday, but now I do see a Xara Xtreme 5 product registration under My Products dated 1/11/2010 (which was the 2nd date I attempted to make the online purchase--the first attempt was during the last week of December). I wonder why I never received an order confirmation by email? Don't they usually send these out automatically? I don't know when to expect to receive my CD in the mail. From what you are saying, since I only see one instance of version 5, I can assume that my company's credit card will not be charged twice. Do you normally have a problem having support repond to trouble tickets? I have one dated back to 2006 that was quickly resolved. I'm a bit troubled by the delay. Glad I registered on this site! THANKS!

I have had very few problems that I needed to contact Xara Support. They always responded very quickly when I did.

They do usually send out an email response. It is possible that your email filters may have flagged the response as junk mail. That happened to me recently. I think the issue was caused by many of the emails being sent are coming from the MAGIX (Xara's parent company since Jan 2007) servers in Berlin rather than the servers in Xara's offices in Hemel Hempstead.

I don't recall specifically how long it took to receive my most recent purchase. I think it was about a week to 10 days.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I've been checking the spam filter, but I haven't found that any Xara related emails have been caught. I will check with our email provider. Thanks for your assistance.

Very glad I could be of assistance.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update