Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Embedding a Lightroom HTML webpage in a placeholder

Hello
    I am creating a website with Web Designer for the display of photo images. In Lightroom I have produced an HTML webpage (actually 3 linked due to the number of images) and wish to put these into a placeholder in Web Designer so I have a consistent appearance throughout the site. I would prefer to do this rather than linking to the Lightroom pages (which I think is possible).

My question is, how can I do this?

I am using the Lightroom templates because I have many images and the XWD templates don't seem to have the facility to have multiple overflow pages with a move to the next pages with a click on 1, 2, etc

The files created by Lightroom seem quite complex involving folders and nested sub-folders, including an index.html for each page (3 in my test case) and folders containing JPGs of full sized images and thumbnails. I can describe these in more detail if needed. As produced by Lightroom, the webpages are intended for direct up-loading to a website and there is no information about how to incorpoate the pages within the structure of an existing website.

As a supplementary, will the descriptions and titles of the images in the Lightroom web pages be visible to search engines?

Hope you can help. I have searched the files and found a thread but that seems to address the problem for Extreme only.

Thank you in anticipation

Tony

Default Re: Embedding a Lightroom HTML webpage in a placeholder

Hi Tony,

Is this similar to what you want to do?

Lightroom gallery embedded in Xara html

Hello

That looks exactly what I need. I will give it a try and get back to you with my success (or otherwise).

Many thanks

Tony

I've just looked at the code in the example you gave and I'm uncertain how to change the code to make it apply to my files. Could you please advise? Also, it refers to Extreme. Is iframe used in XWD as well?

My thanks

Tony

hello

Since my last post I've had a look at HTML language and inserted the following code into the placeholder:

<iframe name=myframe src=lightroom/landscape/index.html width=100% height=100% frameborder=0 scrolling=no></iframe>

The src shows the correct path as Lightroom creates a folder (I named Landscape) to hold all its files for a particular design.

Whether or not I include or exclude 'Landscape' from the text, all I get is a white rectangle with no fill when I preview the website. I have not yet up-loaded it.

Could you advise where I am going wrong, please?

Thank you

Tony

Hi Tony, yes the process is the same for Xtreme or Web Designer.
    Provided you have your paths set correctly there should be no problem, but don't expect Web Designer 'preview' to work with this, you will just see the white <iframe area. To test you will have to run the index.htm from he local folder or upload.

I've run the index.htm and it looks ok. Not being able to preview is irritating as I would like to see it before uploading. Lightroom is not very helpful in setting the frame dimensions, so I'm not confident that it will fit accurately.

If I oversize it in LR, will it automatically resize to fill the placeholder?

Also, will the image title and any keywords attaching be visible to Google? I guess what I'm asking is, does XWD convert the contents of a placeholder into an image so text is lost or is the html still visible to search engines?

Many thanks

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by tony1941 View Post
    If I oversize it in LR, will it automatically resize to fill the placeholder?
    No. The LR output is static

Also, will the image title and any keywords attaching be visible to Google?
    Any real text is visible to Google.

I guess what I'm asking is, does XWD convert the contents of a placeholder into an image so text is lost or is the html still visible to search engines?
    XWD does nothing at all to the lightroom files, it simply adds the <iframe code to the HTML output which points to the Lightroom folder and resources.

Thank you. That's very encouraging. It means that all I have to do is to make sure the keywords are part of the text attaching to the images (I think!).

Thanks for your help.

Tony