Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does Painter X run on MAC OS X 10.6.2?

Hello all,

I've been going through the nightmare that is the Corel support service because I restored my Painter X app from a time machine backup and I get the notorious "This Copy of Painter has been damaged or illegally modified" and it no longer runs. The original product I purchased was the software download. I was told by tech support that it was my mistake for purchasing the software download and I needed to buy the CDs for more money. I smell class action suit brewing...

So I should be getting my CDs and I'll be going through the whole delete everything and reinstalling from a CD to see if I can get it to work.

After they got me to hand over my credit card for the replacement CDs they told me that Painter X doesn't run on my MAC OS 10.6.2 system...

Have any of you been able to run Painter X on MAC OS 10.6.2?

Cheers and Thanks!!

- Rachel
    IP

Default Re: Does Painter X run on MAC OS X 10.6.2?

Hello Rachel,

Welcome to Talkgrahics.

The following link http://www.ehow.com/about_5139183_pa...uirements.html indicates that Painter X will only run on OS X 10.4 and 10.5 with the latest updates and Safari installed.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Hello and thanks for your response! Before my restore from a back-up I had it working on MacOS 10.5 with no problems. What Corel told me is that I would need by buy Painter 11 because it will not run on Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6.2). I shall see in about five days if I can get it to work!

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hello Rachel,

Welcome to Talkgrahics.

The following link http://www.ehow.com/about_5139183_pa...uirements.html indicates that Painter X will only run on OS X 10.4 and 10.5 with the latest updates and Safari installed.
    IP

There's loads of information posted at The PainterFactory and plenty of people to ask, including lots of Mac users and sometimes people from Corel (development team).

I'd help you myself but I'm not a Mac user and thus not the best person to be able to give you usable answers.

Good luck!

Jinny

#
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Nice post...Thank you very much!!......http://www.greenrent.de
    IP