Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Can Xara create such background?

Hi,

Is it possible to create with Xara background like the one used on this web site: www.tallemu.com

As you can see those flags on the top moves as you change page width in browser.
    Also background is not simple, in this case top left corner contain blue graphic while other part of background is white, also bottom part is dark gray.

If I would create this kind of background how do I make it?

Thanks

Default Re: Can Xara create such background?

There's different was to accomplish a layout similar to this. One way is to have the blue graphic in the upper left and the bar across the top to be designated as the background. That way the bar's length varies with the width of the page, and the blue graphic is always in the upper left of the page. Then the globes are right-justified top-justified on the design layer so they are always in the upper right corner of the design. The only problem is the globes will be in the upper right of the design layout, not page. Look at the talkgraphics.com header above. The logo in the upper left ends about mid-page depending on your monitor resolution. Then the 2 color bar continues across the page as part of the background. They look like one image but aren't. I've attached the file to show it better. Hope TG doesn't mind
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tglogo.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	69090  

Can you create .xar for me so I can see how it looks like, im not sure I understand what you meant.

I've attached a file to try to show what I mean. It's very crude but if you play around with it you should get the idea. The background consists of an image that's long and narrow. As you change the page width, the "box" along the top changes width also. The graphic in the upper left has a matching background to the page background. If you move it you'll see what I mean. The point I'm trying to make is that it may look like the top "box" is all one piece but it isn't.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I know this but on that web site blue part remain in the top left corner and does not move when you change browser size
    You know what I mean?

It doesn't move because it's the background, not a separate graphic. If you use the Firefox browser, one of the right-click options is View Background Image. I've attached a screenshot of the background image.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture103.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	69108  

Quote Originally Posted by zaoka View Post
    I know this but on that web site blue part remain in the top left corner and does not move when you change browser size
    You know what I mean?
    Use the tweakset and it'll be fine.
    John.

How about the bottom bar too John

See attached

Ah yes, naturally.
    John.

Hi,
    I have a question about the 'tweak' used (sorry if I am hijjacking thread).
    The 'objects' that you want stationary go between the footer begin and footer end objects? right?
    JimM