Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Perspective

Default Perspective

I'm fighting with perspectives I thought it would be easier cause when I was in high school I made a lot of isometric perspectives, but now I'm suffering a lot with this kind of perspectives, 2 days I spent trying to understand it with the help of Danka who has sent me some examples and on the other hand an excelent xaraxone turorial http://www.xaraxone.com/guest/guest13/index.htm
    I think I improved a little bit, but I must keep on learning to achieve an aceptable level, anyway I'm having a lot of fun drawing and seeing perspectives everywhere and feeling more confident of achieve it "some day" it comes true

Here I'm uploading one attempt to know your opinion.
    Best regards and thank you very much to Danka and xaraxone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	perspective.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	69067  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Javier

Default Re: Perspective

Thanks for this tutorial, I have to try to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by jvila View Post
    and seeing perspectives everywhere
    So it's normal, also I started to see it everywhere

Hi Javier I expect you already know this - but in case you don't - XXP5 has an isometric grid option.

Name:	isogrid.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	69072  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Neodeist,
    How are you?.
    Yes I know that option, the problem with isometric perspective is that things don't go to a vanishing point, then shapes are deformed and they don't look real.
    At least is what I understand, as I said I'm just a hobbist.
    Best regards and thanks for the tip.
    Javier

John I don't think Javier is really meaning a normal isometric drawing where all angles are 30 degrees with all vertical heights staying the same. What he has drawn is nearly "Measured Perspective although it is not quite. I would have a look at all the tutorials on this site and it might give you more info on the subject. The site is for Illustrator but it could be used in Xara or on paper it doesn't matter: http://www.khulsey.com/perspective_2pt.html. If you woulld like gids for simple one or two point perspective I can easily produce them as FreeHand has perspective grids in the programme and I can convert the grids to lines which you could use in the guide layer in Xara. Just give me the units that your are using and the grid size that you would like to use. Curves do cause problems as you have to use a ratio of around 1:1.75 unless you use measured perspective which takes longer. If you need any more help please don't hesitate to ask.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Albacore,
    Thank you very much for the tutorial, I'll have a look at it on weekend.
    According to isometric I used yes every vertical was identical which created a deformation, when the shape was small it wasn't a problem but not with bigger ones.
    I'm not sure of understanding all your explanation, I'd like to know if you found some mistakes in my drawing to try to refine the technique, anyway I'll try your tutorial it seems to be very clear.
    Best regards and thank you very much
    Javier

Albacore,
    I read the tutorial and it is great, I just have a doubt.
    If I have more than one object and one of then is located behind that is to say if you see the plan from top you'll see two objects that are not located at the same coordinates one of them is behind.
    With that method how would I do to draw the second object, I think I should create something such a grid floor to locate them?.
    I use a grid to locate two diferent object in my xar example that I uploaded previously.
    Im attaching a jpg to be able to explain me better
    Best regards.

Name:	objects.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	69089  
    Javier

Thanks for explanation and link Peter. My default page is 1000pixels X 1000pixels. An example grid would be interesting. A couple of weeks ago I tried my hand at a Lowryesque scene [see below ... still very much a work-in-progress!!] using the Mould Tool but I reckon I could do better "by hand" as it were. The pavements were causing me brain ache, which is why I side-lined the project for a while

Name:	lowry_wip.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	69093  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Perspectives are fun and frustrating at the same time. It looks like you're getting to grips with it, Javier.

Info Re: Perspective

Perspective drawings are cool and fun! Check out the perspective discussion topics & demo videos (speed drawing how-to's) at Free Drawing Lessons. You can see how one point, two point, multi-point, interior and exterior perspective drawings are built from the initial perspective points, on up.

Just an FYI,
    Harry