Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing animation

I am trying to import one of the Xara animated adverts to use on my page using XE5, and I cannot get it to work. I searched the forums, and the only thread I found was not a help. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...=GIF+animation

That shows how to import an animated GIF onto a NEW page, but how do I get it to my web page? I tried to copy and paste it and to import it, and it brings in all the graphics, but the frames are not copied over. Also, the animated frames are corrupted when I copy them.

How do I get the animated GIF onto my page?
    Just call me Grandpa Geek!
    Written in Comic Sans just for those fools protesting it should be banned.....LOL!

Default Re: Importing animation

Animations whether GIF or SWF (flash) are not imported for web page use.
    You must add them via a placeholder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replace-with-graphic-file.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	69034

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Animations whether GIF or SWF (flash) are not imported for web page use.
    You must add them via a placeholder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	replace-with-graphic-file.png 
Views:	174 
Size:	5.6 KB 
ID:	69034
    I knew this was they way with flash but I never knew this was the way with animated gif's, I thought you would just drag and drop the same as jpg lol shows how often I use them!

Ok, I got that in and it works. Thanks.

Now when I Preview the website, the animated GIF is showing in that spot, but the different frames seem to be bleeding into each other. When the different frames are up, you can see like a shadow of the other frames.

What is causing that? Funny thing is, it displays perfectly here, but not in my website preview.

This is the GIF....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Written in Comic Sans just for those fools protesting it should be banned.....LOL!

Ok, I got it. It displays fine when I EXPORT the site, just not when I preview it. Not sure why, but the Exported animation looks great.

Thanks for the help.

For Xara affiliate link/images you only need the code they give you, not the image itself. eg:

<script src="http://site.xara.com/affiliate/code.asp?id=******&prod=XaraXtreme5&type=banner5"> </script>

Place the code in a a placeholder and use 'Replace with html code:'