Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Email shots

Default Email shots

Hi,
    This is probably a very basic query but I need to send mass emails.
    We have been using our email account to bcc our services to clients. We now have over 600 email addresses and our new email account will only send out 100 a go and another only sends out 500 per day.
    I know there must be services which make it much easier but I don't know what they are called.
    The emails usually contain some text and a poster (no attachments).

Anas
    True love is the ultimate truth

Default Re: Email shots

I use the following.... http://www.arclab.com/

You can import from excel if you have your clients in a spreadsheet. I have needed to use support twice(both times I had made the error)since I bought the program and both times my questions were answered quickly and throughly. My largest mail list is right at 500. HTH.
    Atlanta, Ga.

Thanks BigSmoker,
    I looked at the site and it gave me leads to similar services but I am more confused.
    Do these systems use their own server or my own email server and do they use your existing personalised email address?
    I think I would need an on-line system rather than a software installation.
    True love is the ultimate truth

Why not try aweber, I have heard they are one of the best in the business.

http://www.aweber.com/

I looked at the site and it gave me leads to similar services but I am more confused.
    Do these systems use their own server or my own email server and do they use your existing personalised email address?

The service uses your current server to send the e-mails and your exsisting e-mail account but you can customize the settings and you actually produce the e-mail using the software that is on your computer.

I think I would need an on-line system rather than a software installation.

The company I work for host it's website with Hostway. They offer for a fee newsletter and e-mail services that work directly on the server.
    Atlanta, Ga.

BigSmoker, Thanks for the link. I didnt see any easiest thing like that

You could try PHPList. It's a free bulk email application that you install on any server that supports PHP and Mysql and can manage multiple mailing lists and an awful lot more. As always with such apps it can appear confusing at first but it's a superb mass mailer and has features that can help you stay off the spam blacklists (responsibly).

Salaam, there are many companies that provide such a service, I know I work for one.
    The e-mail shots can be personalized so that they can be sent from your own e-mail address, we also do a similar thing with SMS - where it is sent and people can reply to the same place

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Your best bet if you want to do e-mail marketing is to do some homework First and foremost most countries around the world have anti spam laws so if you don't do this right you could find yourself in a heap of trouble. You need to find a good e-mail marketing service. I use and recommend Mail Chimp A service will know the laws and and provide you with the tools to create your campaign and automate your list. The prices will vary depending on how big your list is and how many e-mails you will be sending and how often. Mail chimp has a free account which gives complete access to everything a paid account does, the only difference is in the size of your list and the amount of campaigns you can send each month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.