Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Create a text file and call it ‘text.txt’

Did you remember to but the text.txt file in the index_htm_files folder?
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I just noticed that, and it now works.

Does the text.txt file need to be in both places?

I noticed in your file it was in the root Dir, and the index_htm_files folder.

good work team, thanks to your help I can continue!

sadicus - Win10 ● nvidia 32GB ● XDP17

One last word on this.
    If anyone wants to test their pages in a local environment which mimics the web, there are simple (practically zero config) and free Web Servers you can run on your machine.
    As a test I just downloaded and ran the freeware and portable (no installation) UniformServer

Once running, simply place your exported site folder in the www folder of UniformServer, open your browser and type localhost/foldername

No more having to remove the MOTW or disable Protected mode for IE8.

Note: To start US under Windows 7, run the Start.exe as Administrator and confirm to unblock intranet access.

For any help with US, you can use the UniformServer support forum

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    One last word on this.
    As a test I just downloaded and ran the freeware and portable (no installation) UniformServer
    Great find Steve. Exactly what I needed next. Now I can test my Php includes and the Coffee Cup forms( MySql + email notifications - sign up for free drawing etc.) - that I am about to start evaluating - easily it looks like. Which version did you test with? I usually avoid Betas unless they have a really needed feature.

5.5-Nano
    Hit the Green download button for the SFX 7-zip version.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    5.5-Nano
    Hit the Green download button for the SFX 7-zip version.
    Got it. Looks very nice. Trying to figure out why I am getting 403 Forbidden - "You don't have permission messages".

Update: Resolved - Dummy me forgot to put folder inside www ! Now I need to find out why the php includes aren'tt working properly. Some stuff on their forum to read.
    Last edited by V12CatMan; 31 December 2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: Updated Information

UniServer working fine now with my php includes . Change that to GREAT! searched their forum and found out that the .htaccess file needed a line to be added to handle htm or html files as follows:

"Add the following line to file: UniServer\udrive\www\.htaccess" - as follows
    AddType application/x-httpd-php .html .htm

I have not tested iframes (I've gone away from them) but the same may apply if using htm not txt files.

Also note that you can change the default address for the file location if you prefer not to copy the Xara output into the default www folder.

I will include this in a php includes posting I will do in the next day or so.