Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

I was asked a while back what design magazines Xara users read.

This was directed to the United States and Canadian users, but I'd be interested in hearing from everybody.

Please list the magazine, and a web link if they have one.

If you don't read any design magazines you can state that.

I read Communication Arts Magazine.

Gary

Since finding Talkgraphics why would I look elsewhere?

Like Dave I use the net.

A bit like Christine I read Computer Arts - but usually just at the stand http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif.

I find most mags cover PS more than anything else - as I use Xara 99.99% and old Corel 7 PhotoPaint for the few jobs left over I don't see the big value in these mags - not at £5.99 an issue.

Turan

I don't read any anymore. I get all my info off the web.
    AH. The joys of Broadband.!!!

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Mad magazine was what first had me interested in drawing. I didn't realize it was so influential!

Regards, Ross

Tad

Is that one of those tabloid papers that are available on the street and various places?

Gary

Unfortunately, British magazines and British Governments prefer to totally ignore British companies and products. You could also ask why British RISC OS computers are ignored by the Government and there is a drive to put MS in every school and college in the kingdom...

Anyway, back on topic: I buy PC Pro, PC Advisor, Practical Web Pages and Practical Web Sites, all on an occassional basis and depending what is in them that month.

I don't buy professional print magazines because they only concentrate on Adobe and Macromedia. Fair enough, they dominate the professional markets, but I can't afford to kit myself out with Adobe and Macromedia (except Photoshop) so no point buying those magazines.

SBS Digital Design

I too love comics but haven't had much time to read or collect them for the past few years. I still have well over 1000 of them I have yet to read...

Currently I subscribe to and read 3D World, usually from cover to cover each month, Animation World Magazine, Computer Graphics World and Electronic Publishing, all three are free downloads in PDF format.

In addition, I can usually find anything I need on the web. CGTalk is a great resource as well as source of inspiration, as is ZbrushCentral, Talkgraphics http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif, and the Wings3D forum.

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

I don't read any graphics magazines. With regards to Xara marketing (via articles or reviews) I really think the appropriate magazines are the ones for web designers and mainstream computer ones.

Regards, Ross

I subbed to Computer Arts for a year, but I get so pissed off at all that newfangled, fancy design and illustration - of which at least 90% is totally dysfunctional in terms of communication value - that I won't read it anymore. The Net is enough.
    K
    www.klausnordby.com/xara (big how-to article)
    www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/kn/ (I was the first-ever featured artist in the Xone)
    www.graphics.com (occasional columnist, "The I of The Perceiver")