Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Text Encoding Problem

Hello,
    When I design my web page with the Web Designer, Turkish letter characters, such as ş, ğ, ç, ö, ü etc. can not be encoded properly in the HTML codes.
    Is there any way in the Web Designer program to make these characters be seen in the HTML codes? Otherwise, the keywords will not be recognized by the Google indexing robots, I quess.

Thanks.

Default Re: Text Encoding Problem

Hello,
    they should work well. Can you provide the example file that doesn't export correctly so that I could look what's wrong with it?
    Thank you.
    John.

You can visit and check the page source code of the web site by using your web browser: www.sihirlidegnek.com.
    You should scroll down the page to see the HTML source codes.
    Thanks.

Ok. I see a lot of Turkish letters on this page and they seems to look correctly. So where is the problem?
    John.

Hi,

i see also turkish letters:

Sihirli Değnek’in sihirli dünyasına hoşgeldiniz...

Kişilik gelişimimiz,
    hayatımız boyunca
    edineceğimiz roller
    aslında çocukluk
    Sebastian

That is very weird. When I have attempted to insert the turkish texts here they seemed correctly. However if I look at the texts by using 'show the page source' on the Firefox Mozilla, they do not seem OK. So, HTML codes on my computer are not WYGWYS, as is Xara !
    Anyways, thanks for kind helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kutay View Post
    However if I look at the texts by using 'show the page source' on the Firefox Mozilla, they do not seem OK.
    Ah you mean html code.
    So that you see:
    Code:
    Sihirli De& #287;nek Kost& #252;m Tasar& #305;m Evi, faaliyet alan& #305; kiralık ve sat& #305;l& #305;k & #231;ocuk ve bebek kost& #252;mleri olan bir kost& #252;m kiralama / kost& #252;m sat& #305;& #351; firmas& #305;d& #305;r.
    In place of the following string:
    Sihirli Değnek Kostüm Tasarım Evi, faaliyet alanı kiralık ve satılık çocuk ve bebek kostümleri olan bir kostüm kiralama / kostüm satış firmasıdır.

This is correct. All non KOI-7 characters are encoded in UNICODE to get the maximum compatibility. In this case, for example, & #287; is a UNICODE representation of the ğ letter. And so on.
    Using UNICODE for national characters is much better for browser and search engine compatibility than any particular 8 bit code pages.

So back to your original questions:
    When I design my web page with the Web Designer, Turkish letter characters, such as ş, ğ, ç, ö, ü etc. can not be encoded properly in the HTML codes.
    They are encoded very properly. More properly than you have used to see.
    Otherwise, the keywords will not be recognized by the Google indexing robots, I quess.
    You are absolutely wrong. For example, your page is already indexed by Google using these characters. Do a search for the "Sihirli Değnek Kostüm Tasarım Evi" in Google and you'll see your page on the first place.
    Last edited by covoxer; 28 December 2009 at 07:43 AM.
    John.

Covoxer,
    Your answer is pretty much appreciated. So, there is no need to be worried about the indexing matter. I have had some doubt so far that my keywords of, say palyaço, satılık etc., could not be taken into account by Google, which I now know is not correct.
    Thanks again...