Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Preview and Export not matching page

I have put together a page with navigation on the left and multiple elements. I have a graphic header with the name of the site on it.

HOWEVER, when I Preview Website, or export it to a file on my desktop, it displays a page that is missing many elements and a lot of the menu from the left. Also, the menu on the left displays in a different color then what is seen in Web Designer.

What am I missing here?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just call me Grandpa Geek!
    Written in Comic Sans just for those fools protesting it should be banned.....LOL!

Default Re: Preview and Export not matching page

I have not looked at your file, but from what you write I'd guess you possibly have some things on the wrong layers in Web Designer.
    Only objects and text which is on the MouseOff layer will display in the Preview and when exported to HTML.
    Objects on other layers require triggers for them to show.

Check your layers.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I have not looked at your file, but from what you write I'd guess you possibly have some things on the wrong layers in Web Designer.
    Only objects and text which is on the MouseOff layer will display in the Preview and when exported to HTML.
    Objects on other layers require triggers for them to show.

Check your layers.
    I think you nailed it on the first shot, I opened the layers gallery, and when I disabled the "mouse on" layer, it showed exactly what I was seeing in preview.

My problem now is, I cannot seem to get the elements that are "mouse on" to switch to "mouse off" or to always show. I don't want the entire site that way, because the left menu has an alt layer for mouse on.

The layers gallery shows layers for the entire site, how do I see and change layers for individual elements?
    Written in Comic Sans just for those fools protesting it should be banned.....LOL!

You need to hide the MouseOff layer to see what's on the MouseOver layer that really needs to be on the MouseOff layer. Shift+select those objects that belong on the MouseOff layer and cut them to the clipboard (Ctlr+X)
    Hide the MouseOver layer, go back to the MouseOff layer and unhide it (and make sure it's the current layer) then paste-in-place (Shift+Ctlr+V) the objects from the clipboard.

I tried that method, and it just pastes the items back onto the MouseOver layer. I tried doing them 1 item at a time, and that worked. The menu items on the left will not transfer however. I think it has to do with the MouseOver image under the MouseOff image, so I will play with that.

I may just recreate those buttons and make sure I get the layer correct.

Thanks for the help.