Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hi,
    I used to play with creating them myself actually when they first came out, had a bout three different programs for creating them. I ran across one that really impressed me (done at a University I think) it was an actual picture of a park bench in a park., but when you 'focused' as a stereogram on the bench was a man with his dog at his feet..I was totally awe struck. then I got into 3D stuff (with red and blue glasses)and found you could create them also using an image editing program and separating the channels then off-setting the red and blue channels a couple of pixels and reconstructing the image back to normal.
    Just a note and some rambling info.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

i think i am going blind http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

really i can't get anything !!!!!

Help is needed

Gary, how did you get the very smooth look to the background shape? Did you use a fill, blend, or contour? I usually get more of stairstep effect.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Mac, do you have any link to what you're talking about, I would be most interested in seeing these things in action.... I like optical illusion stuff (Actually they are GREAT idea for hidden commercial I've been working on).

My idea is to create an eye catching image (naked woman for example - always does the trick http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/tongue.gif ) and then apply text so your eye doesn't really focus on it, but on the womans image instead, so that it gets inside your subconsciousness (damn if I can spell that http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

By the way, what do you think of my booties commercial? I made an example for a magazine my friend publishes...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	4619  

I saw it! I SAW IT! WOW!

I've never managed to see one of these before. Thanks Soquili for the tips. I found getting my face really close to the screen, going cross eyed and then moving slowly backwards made it suddenly pop out of the screen.

Excellent. I want more!!!!!!

Carol Leather
    Carol Leather

Well Availor no I don't but i'm sure if you can find an stereogram site there would be links from there. Don't forget this was quite some time ago at least 6-7 years now. Maybe I shouldn't have brought it up I'm showing my age.If I run across it I will surely post it I could have it stuffed away on a floppy.
    Jim
    Intel i7-2600 processor 3.4GH, Windows 10 64Bit, 12GB Memory, Geforce 960 2Gb graphics card

What a great idea for a mouse pad!
    Wonderful job Gary, I love these things.

Carol-- Gary has done a tutorial on stereograms that is just great, give it a try, you'll be impressed.

tim

Well Availor I found the source image on the net with the link here it is and here is the picture I mentioned
    StereBench
    Jim

Thanks alot Mac. unfortunately, I couldn't see anything in these stereograms http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/frown.gif
    What are you supposed to be seeing in the bench stereogram? A dog you said? I see a bench lol