Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: How do I?

I downloaded Xara X1 trial version and am pretty new to graphic design but I thought I'd give it a shot. I am having a problem filling in a certain part of the graphic. For example, say I make a circle and draw a horizontal line across and vertically, (so the circle is broken into 4 section), Everytime I go to fill in the upper right part of the circle with a color the whole image turns to that color instead of that section. How can just fill in certain sections?

Thanks for your help in advance.

I downloaded Xara X1 trial version and am pretty new to graphic design but I thought I'd give it a shot. I am having a problem filling in a certain part of the graphic. For example, say I make a circle and draw a horizontal line across and vertically, (so the circle is broken into 4 section), Everytime I go to fill in the upper right part of the circle with a color the whole image turns to that color instead of that section. How can just fill in certain sections?

Thanks for your help in advance.

You need individual objects. You can use the lines to 'Slice' the circle. When you create four quardants, each will be editable. Rich

The circle is still one shape, you need to make the circle into four shapes. So you can use your vertical and horizontal lines to slice the circle into individual shapes as explained below...does this help?

Joel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fill3.gif 
Views:	250 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	1498  

thanks alot