Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Excellent work.

Those two images look more like they were painted with natural media than with CG.

Stu [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
    IP

>> they were painted with natural media than with CG.<<

Yea, dont they. I think I better clarify something though. I did not do them, I grabbed them from the Metacreations website. The product, Painter is a natural media painting ap and is now marketed thru Corel.

Painter is quite an amazing program. It has a tonne of natural media brushes to use. Everything from a 2B pencil to sable water colour brush and thick impasto oil. And when you use the program with a graphics tablet, it really feels like you are using natural media. Then when you switch to a different media type, like charcoal...it feels like you have a stick of charcoal in your hand. The program responds to presure, angle and speed of the stylus. The media type you use responds with the paper you pick (plenty of types to choose from) and tools like the water colour brush will leave small pools of paint in the recesses of the paper grain. A charcoal tool pressed lightly will result with just the bumps of the paper showing the charcoal. Very natural looking. You almost feel like you should dip your stylus in water to clean it off.

THe program is very hard to learn. I have just started to scratch the surface with it. Tres cool.
    IP

Bryce
    IP

Painter is the application you are looking for. It is oriented to fine art. There you will have tools similar to those you use in fine art real world.

You should take a look to Bryce also. You can build 3D scenes, then you can retouch them in Painter.

Here are two files. One created in Bryce and same scene quick impressionist brush in Painter.

Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach001.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	3059  
    IP

Here is the other file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach003.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	5608  
    IP